Chapter 17 • Healing

"What are they doing?"
Taehyung frowned his eyebrows in confusion. The scarecrows didn't leave their place, keeping their guards up high, but they didn't attack them like expected.

"Daring us to try them." Yoongi simply answered, turning his back on the intimidating stick-and-straw figures and focusing on the injured girl instead, who now that he glanced at her face was starting to look very pale.

"They can't attack us here as we are no longer standing on their land. They are just making sure we don't try to enter again." Namjoon spoke calmly, his attention more on the way he was softly stroking Eunha's hair.

His body was tense as he tried to fight off the monster inside of him, thirsting for the sweet blood that was slowly soaking her dress.
All he had to do was reach out, it would take a split second and he could devour Eunha before the others could react.
The heavenly red liquid that he'd slowly become addicted to, all for him.

His tongue darted out of his mouth, slowly licking his full lips as his fangs grew, painfully piercing the inside of his mouth. His dark eyes had become pitch black, breath quickening into a low panting. If only he could taste one drop.

The angel and demon alarmingly observed the tall man. They could feel the change in emotions. Sense that he was slowly losing control the longer he stared at the girl resting in his lap.

"Namjoon."

It sounded low and threatening, yet almost worried as well. Hoseok moved into a more steady stance, preparing for the worst. If he had to save Eunha from the thirsty blood-sucker, than he had to be quick.

Taehyung inched closer to his friend, tightly gripping his shoulder as he came close enough.
"Come on, you have to get away from here before you do something you'll regret."

It took every little bit of strength in his body to resist his urge, but with the help of the demon he managed to stand up, slowly stepping away from the injured human.

"Come on." Taehyung whispered again, arms wrapping around Namjoon as he literally dragged him away. The two disappeared behind the line of trees, nature hopefully distracting the vampire.

Jimin took Namjoon's place, sitting down onto the grass and carefully resting Eunha's head on his leg.

"I thought he was good at controlling his thirst." The girl softly mumbled, sad that she had provoked such a reaction from the man she'd taken a liking to over the past few days.

Eunha read somewhere that when vampires resist their natural urges to feed on blood, they put themselves in real pain. She hoped Namjoon was alright.

"He is, that just then showed us how good he is. He's been feeding off of you  for four days straight now. Vampires grow addicted to someones blood after drinking from the same person multiple times. The fact that he got himself away from you without snapping shows us how much control he truly has." Yoongi explained, handing Jimin his spell-book so that he could start the healing process.

Yesterday, when the porcelain doll asked Eunha how she had managed to gather such a unique group of supernatural people to help her on her journey, she told him the full story. There was enough time, so why not. At first when the girl mentioned her deal with Namjoon, he wanted to smack her head and call her an idiot, but then he remembered that he himself had also walked straight in the smart vampire's trap. Namjoon was confident and good at analyzing the situation and people in front of him; he really couldn't blame the girl for that.

"Stop talking and don't move while I heal your wounds, little lamb. It might mess up the process and then you're even farther from home."
Yoongi clasped the glossy gem token in his hands, eyes closed in concentration, before muttering a chain of gibberish. Just like had happened earlier, a green glow surrounded the doll's body, satisfying his watchers with a glimpse of the power he beholds.