Chapter 35 • Might-eater

Hi Sweeties, just a quick heads-up that this chapter is the length of two. It's very long but that's because it's kind of the unofficial ending of the book. There will be another chapter after this, but this is the last fight. So yeah, just so you know! ^-^

Now, let's proceed!
-------------------------------------------------->

Hearing Taehyung groaning in misery, Eunha immediately ran to his side.
He was still lying on the floor, breathing heavily as he tried to move little as possible. Every bit of his body seemed to cry out in agony at the loss of his wings. Everything hurt.

Eunha felt for him. Wanting to bring some kind of comfort to the man, she reached out to put her hand on his shoulder, but Yoongi grabbed her wrist before she could do so, shaking his head, "Let me numb his pain. I can't heal him right now, it will exhaust me and we still have to fight, but at least I can take away some of the pain."

She stepped back with a nod of her head, her eyebrows furrowed in worry as she watched the mint-haired doll crouch down next to the wingless demon. He took a moment to concentrate, a rush of green glowing magic running through him as he tended the wounds on his back.

"Bunny you are a genius! Using those beans against him! I honestly already forgot about them!" Jimin exclaimed, giving the girl a quick hug of appreciation. She softly patted his back, making sure she wouldn't accidentally hurt him by touching a bruise; he had made quite the fall earlier.

"Thank you, but we're nowhere near done yet. Remember how quickly you and Jungkook recovered from the sweets? We have to think of a new plan, and we don't have a lot of time."

"She's right. We have, what? About a minute or so?" Namjoon glanced at the might-eater's unconscious body in uncertainty. "Jimin, go gather your bow and arrows as quickly as you can. Jin grab your sword, please. We have to be prepared."

Eunha cleared her throat, holding her hand in the air as if asking for her turn, "I want to say something. Earlier you were fighting one by one. I know you're all incredibly strong, but Jaehyun is right. Only the power of a might-eater can beat him," She glanced around the group, making sure they were listening to her, "Instead of fighting as individuals, why don't we work together. Become a union and the chance of winning increases. Like I know we started off as a group of eight strangers. We are all different, so let that be our strength."

"Damn, you're good at giving these motivational speeches." Jin dryly commented. He looked dreamily handsome with the shimmering layer of sweat coating his face and his pink locks pushed backwards, exposing his forehead.

"I agree, though I do have a question for you, baby. Plan B was fight your brother so that we could save your mum. Now that we know they are together, what do you expect us to do?"

Eunha looked at the vampire in uncertainty. She hadn't thought of that. Leaving wouldn't be an option, Jaehyun would still be out there to destroy everything in his reach. Killing him however, would she be able to do that? He was her brother. And if not for her brother, then what about her mum?

"Kitten, I know it's your brother's body, and his past emotions might still be present right now, but as you've seen when he tried to attack you, his powers are slowly consuming him. It's how becoming a might-eater works. If you are not strong enough to resist the urge to do evil, then you're a lost case. He's only going to become worse. He'll eventually forget the person he once was, so please, we have to put him out of his misery. If not for all the innocent that's bound to get hurt by his hands, then for the brother, the Jaehyun, he used to be." Jungkook spoke with sincerity, his hands grasping Eunha's as he stared down at her. His big eyes were twinkling with emotion, trying to show her the intense feelings he felt as a soul-keeper.