Chapter 12 • God's minion

Never in her life would Eunha have guessed that she would personally experience the meeting of two by-nature-decided archenemies. Yet as she looked at Taehyung's face, how his sharp eyebrows were deeply furrowed in an irritated frown, mouth pulled in a venomous scowl as his jaw clenched in anger, it gave the girl an idea of who her saviour was.
The warm light contrasting with the man's shadows and air filled with an immensely powerful energy, reassured her that she was right as well.

This was a confrontation between angel and demon.

"Was that a threat, sunshine? I thought the Gods' minions weren't allowed to threaten others?"
Taehyung spit out the nickname with as much sarcasm as he could muster to make sure that everyone knew he had no respect for the stranger.

"It was merely a question. If you think of it as a threat, however, then that must mean you feel intimidated?" His tone was light. Eunha could tell by his intonation that he was casually provoking the demon, or at least tried to.

Taehyung let out a dry chuckle, tense figure that was towering over the girl moving aside as he glanced over his shoulder to look at the angel.
"You don't intimidate me, you make me feel sad."

He showed them a sly grin. "Sad as everyone can clearly see that your existence is a failure."

Now that Taehyung had moved out of her line of sight, Eunha could finally see the angel, and man; his looks fit the title perfectly.
Even though the creature was irritated at the moment, he still looked extremely beautiful. His eyebrows tugged in a soft frown as his warm brown eyes glared at the demon fiercely. His lips were pulled in a thin line, but the girl could imagine them in a happy smile that brightened the world around him. His hair was light brown, almost appearing blond, and looked silky soft.
To exaggerate his supernatural origin, the man displayed a pair of pure white, feathery wings behind him, a bright light emerging from them as he spread them proudly.

Unlike the other creatures had done, the angel didn't seem to intimidate Eunha despite his power. In contrary, she almost felt comfortable and calm in his presence.

"Let her go, demon."
The man held up his hand, a ball of golden light and cloudy smoke appearing above his palm.
His slim yet well-formed figure stepped forwards in warning; he was being serious.

Taehyung let out an amused laugh before glaring at the angel smugly. He as well walked forwards. "And why would I do that?"

"Because I'm telling you to."

Eunha played with her fingers nervously. She wasn't sure what to do. Yes, Taehyung had threatened to kill her and trapped her against a tree, but she also knew it was because she told him she wasn't scared of him. He was just protecting his brand.

Then there was also the fact that he had helped her by introducing Namjoon. She knew more about the kidnapper and had an idea of how to find her mother now.
She kind of felt like she had to take his side in this.

Though the thought of jumping between the two powerful beings ready to fight each other, didn't sound very appealing either. One small accident could obliterate her entire existence.

Then there was also the thing called natural instincts. Standing up for a demon who fed on her emotions, to an angel who's job was to keep humanity from being absolutely destroyed didn't feel like a logic thing to do.

So as the inner-conflict happened, Eunha stayed put in her place with a shook expression on her face.

Luckily someone else stepped in before the enemies decided to kill each other.
Long live Namjoon.
"What is going on here? Who are you?"