Chapter 21 • Prince on the white horse

What? Damsel in distress? Monsters?

Eunha's eyebrows furrowed in slight confusion as she observed the handsome stranger curiously. The way he had spoken so dramatically made him seem like he walked straight out of a fairytale, and that was quite surprising as most supernatural creatures seemed opposite of what they were described as in stories. Though she wasn't sure what kind of specie the man in front of her was.

He was immensely beautiful like a painting had escaped its canvas, with skin so smooth and dewy that it made her wonder if he was wearing make-up, dark eyes so sparkly that it appeared like the universe was hiding inside of them, and full lips that naturally had a pink colour to them.
His hair was a dusty pink and perfectly matched his skin-tone, his broad-shouldered figure dressed in fancy clothing that looked like it belonged to royalty.

The man took a small step forward, the sharp ending of his sword threateningly pointing at Taehyung's chest, "Step away from her, demon."

The man spoke with such anger, his eyes fiercely glaring at the black-winged demon, that Eunha almost felt touched. He didn't even know her and yet here he was, risking having to fight six men in order to protect her.

Taehyung let out a soft sigh as he watched how the sword glistened in the light of Hoseok's wings. His eyebrows raised in slight indignation,  "Why am I always the one threatened to get attacked?"

"I mean you are a demon." Hoseok shrugged his shoulders, not feeling too intimidated by the stranger's sword.

"I didn't know that, thanks for reminding me," sarcasm dripped off Tae's voice as he spoke. He then waved his hand vaguely behind him at the others, "But there's Joonie too, he's a blood-thirsty vampire and therefore more of a monster than I; I only eat emotions. And if he's not creepy enough, we literally have the Death here." He pointed at Jungkook emphatically, who as well as the elf had regained his strength, the jellybeans having lost their power.

Speaking of him, before the others could blink Jungkook moved in front of Taehyung, slapping the sword out of the stranger's hand in process. His blank face was back on as he stared at the man in front of him, "You won't be needing that."

The man quickly glanced at his hand that had been holding his weapon tightly before studying the soul-keeper in front of him with a flustered look on his face. The tips of his ears coloured red at how easily the obviously younger man had disarmed him; how embarrassing.

"I'm okay, thank you wanting to help me though." Eunha spoke up, deciding to change subjects in hope to distract the man from the shame he was feeling. It had taken them not even half a day to figure out how Jungkook seemed to be exceptionally good at anything, the stranger had nothing to feel embarrassed about.

"Yeah and I'm here as well. I wouldn't be so relaxed if she was in danger." Hoseok spoke up, a bright smile decorating his handsome face.

The stranger seemed to think about their words but nodded his head in the end. Angels couldn't lie, there was an angel here, everything should be okay. "Alright then, I'm Kim Seokjin, but just call me Jin."

The others introduced themselves in response, Namjoon raising his eyebrows after, "Kim Seokjin as in the faerie prince? You're a far way from home."

"That's right, the prince on the white horse right in front of you, though my horse just ran away and that disloyal guy is not coming back any time soon...." Jin glanced over his shoulder at the empty spot behind him to prove his point.