Chapter 6

Draco woke slowly, relishing the feel of sunlight on his bare skin. He never really enjoyed sleeping in longer than the sun, but all the physical labor had apparently changed his mind.

He then realized that he was supposed to be up and practicing spells already. Shortly after realizing this, Draco told his conscience to kindly shut up. He planned on sleeping in, damn it.

He put his head back on his fluffy pillow and drifted off into a doze. It wasn't often he treated himself like this, he always woke up early on so he could help his house elves do simple household chores. Currently he was cleaning out the entire West Wing, which had been neglected and closed off for the past two generations. Not even the elves were allowed to go in there and clean, so Draco had employed the help of the two elves he had kept, having donated the rest to less fortunate families, and was learning how to clean properly. The job was taking forever and he would wake up early in the morning and finish late at night every day. It irritated the elves that was for sure, but their orders were to help him clean at a human pace with minimal magic.

About twenty minutes later, the blond stretched and made a slight noise contentment as his muscles stretched. His whole countenance relaxed and his head rested on the pillow, the rest of his body was wrapped up inside of his covers in a makeshift cocoon. He was warm for once when he woke up, despite the too-large bed he slept in.

He then had to shut that stupid alarm up. Damn his wand-alarm! He shut it off and slowly sat up after stretching like a cat, his behind in the air and his arms out in front of him.

"You really should learn to get dressed when you know you have company coming over." Draco jumped.

"Potter! Sorry I didn't realize you'd be over today. Um...Lemme just..."

He cursed his body for blushing like a school-girl. Had he noticed? What would happen if he did? Would he think that Draco was gay? Not that it mattered if he knew, but Draco didn't want the whole world to know.

He needed to get a grip on himself. It didn't matter if Potter noticed he was embarrassed or not. Draco was sure that Harry would have been embarrassed if he was caught in the same situation.

He needed to learn not overreact as much.

Deciding that he needed a shower, that's exactly what Draco did. However, his warm water was laced with freezing cold after ten minutes and he quickly got the hint. Getting out, he placed a heating charm on his towel and dried off before getting dressed in an older pair of robes.

Originally he was just going to wear something he had bought in a muggle store, but chose against it. He wasn't so sure that it would be a good idea to wear anything in his closet that wasn't robes as it would just spell out 'hey I'm homosexual, come get some if you're a guy'. He wasn't ready for that with Potter yet.

He then went out to the kitchen to find his partner and was astonished to smell something in the oven. Not as surprisingly, it smelled delicious. His mouth watered.

"I'm making an apple dessert dish, would you like any?" Draco nodded.

"Good. I'm making coffee to go with it so just have a seat. It'll be done in a few minutes." Draco sat down, hardly able to wait for the delicious-smelling dish to be in front of him.

Before he knew it, he had a plate of ice cream and cinnamon apples on the counter, clearly meant for him. He dug in without thinking, without even realizing that this might have been a test from his Trainer from Hell.

He regretted that within thirty seconds.

Because within those thirty seconds, Draco's throat felt like fuzz and his stomach churned. His mind burned and his bones felt like lead. Not knowing what was happening, he gulped down the coffee Harry had put into his hands.