Chapter 11

"Harry..." Draco's voice was raspy, and it scratched his throat as his vocal chords struggled to say his name.

"Draco...? Oh my God Draco! You're awake! Here you must be thirsty." Harry grabbed a glass of water and held it to Draco's lips who drank a few sips, grateful for the liquid.

"Harry...What's going on?" Draco watched the eyes of Harry Potter darken in anger and fear.

"We caught them but before I got them restrained your father hit you with several spells he combined. I brought you here where the Healers started your coma. You were out for three weeks. I thought you'd never wake up..." Draco tried to remember, but it just hurt his head too much.

"Harry...I don't remember..."

"Shh it's okay the Healers told me that you might not be able to think too hard about anything as it's likely to cause a headache. You're okay." During the moment of silence, Draco saw everything that had happened in his mind. He suddenly sat up.

"Draco, sit do-"

"I remember! Did Kingsley get my memories? Are they convicted to jail? For how long? Do you need me to fill out my statement? Have-" he stopped when Harry hung his head.

"Draco, they didn't need your memories. They didn't want them as you were unconscious and injured."

"Then..."

"I let them use mine." Draco let his confused mind run its course before looking up.

"Are they in jail?" Harry nodded and upon seeing this, Draco sighed with relief. Another question, one that was bothering him since he woke up, made its way out of his throat. "Why did you stay?" He couldn't fathom why someone who he used to hate and who only worked with him now would stay by his side for so long. It didn't make sense to him. Harry had no reason to stay for him, there was no need for him to be here. It wasn't like Harry was the only one that could save him. That's what the Healers were for.

"Draco you're my partner. It's my fault you were landed here, I didn't pay enough attention to your predicament. I'm sorry."

"And you felt the need to sit on an uncomfortable chair when you could have been at home? Or staying late at work?"

"Draco, I haven't left this chair since I got here." He looked up with bright green eyes, misted over with unshed tears. They pierced holes into Draco's soul, burning the pain and relief into his mind forever. In that moment, Draco felt like he was just permanently branded.

"But surely you must have...to eat or shower..."

"Basic survival spells. You learned them yourself. Nutrition spells to keep you going until you find real food, cleaning spells, sleeping spells so you feel rested until you can sleep. I never left this chair."

"But...why?"

"Because I was worried about you. Now get some sleep."

"No. I've been sleeping for the past three weeks. YOU sleep, or so help me Merlin I will punch you so hard your hair will fall out. Now find a bed and sleep. I'm fine." Draco was panting, the effort of sitting up and all his emotions and their strength being almost too much for his abused body. He slumped after his mini tirade.

"Draco!" Strong arms wrapped around his middle, catching him before he could fall. They then placed him gently back down on the pillows and began to pull away.

Not wanting the warmth to go away, Draco clung to a finger as tight as his feeble strength would let him and gently tugged. It got the 'lay-down-or-I-kill-you-later' point across to the brunet and he felt the bed dip next to him.