Chapter 14

Draco woke up to a gentle rubbing on his stomach and opened his eyes to one of the most wonderful sights he had ever seen.

Harry was rubbing his stomach in circular motions lovingly, caressing his baby-their baby. He had moved so his head was on Draco's thighs, facing him. His eyes were still closed, making the man appear asleep. And by the deep, even breathing, he was.

Draco just laid there, running his fingers through Harry's hair until he saw the tear fall. He wasn't expecting that, but what really caught him off guard was that once one fell many more fell in quick succession, seeming to fly down his face.

"Harry? Harry, wake up." The brunet opened his eyes and stared at Draco for a good five minutes before taking a calming breath.

"Sorry. Bad dream." Draco watched as he got up to leave. "Don't worry, I'll be back after I take care of some paperwork at the Ministry. It'll only take me a few minutes. I'll bring breakfast back." He left, leaving Draco to wonder exactly what had just happened to make the other just up and leave after crying in his sleep.

He should ask about that later.

When he finally managed to get into his giant tub filled to the brim with bubbles and warm water, he felt a clench in his stomach and quickly hurried out again. After making sure he was clear of the rim, he ran towards the toilet to let out everything his body decided it could expel.

He sat up when the ringing in his ears went away, and jumped when there was a knock on the door.

"Draco?" He answered. "I have breakfast. Do you want any?" He replied with the affirmative and told him to come in once he was comfortably situated in his bath once more.

"Here. I know you like fruits, so I bought a bunch for you."

They stayed there until Draco wanted to get out and spent the rest of the day talking about nonessentials and playing chess. After dinner, Draco decided the time came for more, deeper, information.

"Harry, what paperwork needed to be done this morning?"

"Um...I resigned. And I turned in your maternity leave information." Draco watched him shrug and smirked.

"Well, do you plan on staying with us?" He nodded. "Then you march your arse right back in there and fill out a resignation form for me."

"No, I won't. You get ten months of pay for sitting on your behind and shopping. And if you go back you only have to do a desk job and you pick your hours as long as you hit thirty hours for every week. It's easier this way. So you get ten months off with pay and then work one month behind a desk and take a two year leave-of-absence with pay. Then you can quit."

To say that Draco was shocked was an understatement. Who knew that Harry would have the guts to even consider telling others how to cheat the system for money. Hell, who knew he'd actually think about the best ways to cheat the government out of money.

"Why is the Golden Hero telling me how to cheat the government out of money?"

"Well, they basically took your money in the first place. So really, you're just working to get your own money back and to me that isn't fair. So, this is the easiest and fairest way to get some of it back. Besides, a leave-of-absence lets you still go out and find other jobs so theoretically, you could be pulling in a fair few paychecks. If you want, of course."

Again, the blond was astounded. That not only made sense, but appeased both men and his boss.

"How'd you figure out how to cheat the system though?"

"Mudungs may have smelled like shit, but he sure knew how to get his money's worth." Now that actually made more sense to him than anything. But why was he so determined to help him? And what made him cry?

"Why the needing-to-help feelings Harry?"

"Because I care and because I don't want either of you two hurt in any way possible." Draco nodded, and let his Slytherin side out for a moment.

"So, why were you crying this morning?" He stiffened. "I mean, if you don't want me to be hurt in any way I assume that means emotionally and mentally too. And it hurts me to know I can't help unless you let me in. And it hurts me because then I have to think of ways to get you to open up."

Harry sighed, looking resigned and empty.

"Fine. Just promise me that you won't change your opinion of me once I tell you. Not even Ron and Hermione know. Consider it a debt repaid." Draco shuddered. It must have been bad to know that Harry wanted him to not change his opinion of the other boy so much he'd call on the incident when he'd rescued him from breaking his neck in Charms. He nodded, showing his agreement.

"You know my life in Little Whinging wasn't all that great right? Well...it was worse than the rumors.

"They starved me. It wasn't just one meal a day it was one meal every few days. If stale bread and a piece of cheese count as a meal. They locked me in the storage room under the stairs until I was eleven. Then they moved me to a spare bedroom under the threat of Hagrid for a month. They then decided that under the kitchen sink would teach me a nice lesson. I've been stuck under the sink since I was twelve.

"They used to get by with insulting me and making me do chores and letting their son chase me around. Then I turned nine and Vernon started punching me. Around ten, Petunia started in on it, but she only threw things and slapped me.

"When I was fourteen, Petunia had sent Dudley to a friend's house for the week while Vernon was at a business meeting in America. She raped me.

"When Vernon came back, she told him how wonderful it was to play with me. He thought she meant like you would play chess or a card game with someone and came up to the spare bedroom where she kept me and found me tied to the bed.

"He never questioned their 'playtime' with me again." Draco was horrified. He wanted Harry to stop, and yet he just couldn't help but want to know more. "They did that ever since. One would abuse me while the other would rape me. They tried to get Dudley in on it, but he always said he'd rather play video games.

"I was crying because I don't want to be anything like them. I don't want this child to have to see the horrors of the world like I've seen them. The news is one thing, gossip is one thing. But experience? That's an entirely different realm of unthinkable things. I can't let that happen, and in my dream...In my dream it was just like it was with Vernon and his time raping me, abusing me. But in his place, I was there and in my place was...an empty spot that I knew was supposed to harbor our child."

Draco watches as he broke down and opened his arms. Harry crawled to him gratefully, and buried his face in his neck and his hands clenched the front of his shirt. Draco swore over and over again that it wouldn't happen.

"Draco?" Harry had finally calmed down enough to speak.

"Yes?"

"If...If I ever...Ever do anything...Even under the Imperius curse...I want you to kill me. Before I can inflict that kind of fear and pain on someone. Okay?" Draco sat there, shocked.

"I...Harry that's...I'll do anything in my power before then. But if push comes to shove...I guess I have to honor your wishes."

After saying that, Draco felt like he just signed his own heart away. But he knew without a single doubt that he made the right choice. Besides: Harry would never have the heart to do that-even under a spell's influence.

And, after all, Draco was a Malfoy. They always made sure they were right in the end. And he was certain he'd never have to kill Harry Potter.