Chapter 12

Draco watched Harry disappear into the bathroom and sighed. He let his head hit the pillows and felt them fluff up around his hair, creating a light cushion that supported his head's weight. He watched the dust against the white ceiling while he thought.

He was going to be a father...mother...whatever. He had his own child in him to love and cherish and pamper. He would be free to be a kind, open person to this baby, not fake a cold heart. He swore that he would make sure this baby had the most love any baby could possibly handle.

But who would stick with him, to love his baby, and maybe even him? His mind wandered. Blaise and Pansy were mad at him for working with the Ministry. Nott was a cruel bastard and got landed in jail a few months ago. Severus...well that was just weird. Severus was his godfather and old enough to be his actual father and then some. He didn't really have anyone else in his life. Unless...

Harry did say that he'd be there no matter what. And obviously with the Weasley family and their productiveness with kids he was used to it, or at least exposed to it frequently. He supposed that being the godfather of several kids had to be better than nothing.

And he knew Draco. As much as he hated to admit it, the man knew how to get to him, how to get the intended reaction that he wanted. It was like he had read Draco and memorized him like a book-what he could get to anyway.

Draco had seen Harry surprised before, but nothing could prepare him for the brief look of shock when Draco had expressed his glee for the pregnancy. Obviously he thought that Draco would be upset, at the very least. And with the side of him that Harry had seen, he guessed he shouldn't be surprised at his shock. He gazed at the wall contemplating his options.

If he asked someone else then he risked his baby finding out later and being mad at him for lying all their childhood. But then he wouldn't have to ask his partner, and formal archenemy, and the Savior of the Wizarding World for sex. He'd only have to ask for help raising his child.

But if he asked...then they'd have both parents around and Draco wouldn't need to worry about lying. He could get eternal love from his child. The only problem with that plan is that he didn't want to force someone to agree to it.

If he asked Harry, then he'd be causing him confusion and doubt. But if he did say yes, it would probably only be because of Harry's infamous 'Hero Complex' and Draco didn't want anyone to feel obligated to do this for him. That was the last thing he needed. Pity and Draco Malfoy just didn't mix.

He had to make a decision within seven days. Well, six in Draco's mind. A Malfoy is nothing if not punctual, and when it came to his child's life, early was on time. And the sooner the better. Now the only question left was: did he ask Harry or not?

Draco cared for the brunet-that's why nothing really ever came out of their fights in school except a few detentions. And the thing with the dementors? He did that because he thought Harry had been exaggerating with his Patronus abilities. He was a child and children don't think about the consequences. But he'd just been so good at getting under Draco's skin.

Had Draco never made fun of him or tormented him, the answer would be obvious. Ask Harry to be the second father. That as it may, he was still stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Because he HAD done all those mean things to him and he HAD acted without thinking. Now he was screwed. Hopefully literally, but he'd never admit that out loud.

The man was good looking. His hair made him look like he just rolled out of bed after a night of hot sex, and his eyes had darkened a shade over the years only to add to that 'bedroom sex god' look. Muscles were hidden by a thin layer of skin and cloths, but were blatantly obvious when he did something, anything really.

But back to his dilemma. Did he dare ask? He supposed there couldn't be any harm in asking...and besides, if he said yes then Draco's baby would have a father who would say with them. A father that would love and cherish the child just like Draco planned on doing. He put his hand on his stomach and gently rubbed the reason for his happiness, and the object of his love. Even if Harry didn't love him back, Draco was sure that the two of them could get along for the baby's sake.

He imagined what it could be like. Harry would be there for him, and when the baby came he'd ignore every spiteful word out of his mouth because he'd know it was just the pain talking. He imagined that he would stay home and help around the house, just because he could.

And he surprised himself by wanting that, with Harry Potter nonetheless.

He looked up when he felt Harry's hand next to his own, into the jade eyes.

"So Draco. Ready to throw away your figure and position in society for something so small you can't even see with a microscope yet?" Draco bristled, angry that he could assume Draco wouldn't be anything but ecstatic he was with child.

"Why you terrible person! I will not lose my shape and I refuse to answer the second as I'm already dirt to society. I'm slightly offended. No, actually I'm really offended."

"I'm teasing Draco. So...you're willing to give it all up for a tiny ball of cells?"

"Yes." Draco was slightly proud of himself when he didn't hesitate.

"So, it's not about having an heir is it?"

"I'm...you...that's not true. I've always wanted a little baby, not for an heir or the namesake. But for the simple joy of being loved and being able to love back without being judged. I want someone who will smile at me, who won't care about my past, and who I can take care of. And vice versa if the situation calls for it." Draco noticed a slight flick of comprehension and understanding in those green eyes.

"You're not just talking about the baby are you?"

"No. I want a guy like that in my life too. Sometimes I can't always hold others up, and I've found that most women are too helpless for my liking. They always need someone to lean on. Newsflash: I need someone to lean on too." Harry nodded.

"So, have you thought about what you're going to do before it's too late to do anything?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I have." Harry cocked his head to the side, clearly waiting for an explination. "I believe that a friend of mine can help." He thought he saw a flicker of hurt in Harry's eyes and he made his choice. He just wasn't sure when he'd act on it.

"Who?" Fear and uncertainty suddenly washed through him. How was he supposed to do this when he could be rejected yet again? "Come on, I won't make fun. And I won't say anything to them. Besides, I'm going to find out eventually. If you tell me then I'll tell you a secret." Draco's curiosity won out.

"Okay I'll tell you. But you first."

"All right. The only reason I know I'm gay is because after the last battle and everything, Severus literally tackled me in the hallway. As in, I hit the floor and he fell on top of me. He was so emotional that I saved his life and I was so excited he lived that we ended up kissing." Before Draco could say anything, Harry continued. "Your turn."

Draco sat up and took Harry's hands in his own, looking down at them.

"Harry...Will you be the one?" Fear of rejection suddenly hit him like a tidal wave until Harry said something the blond thought he'd never say.

"I...Give me a minute to think. Okay? An hour, tops." Draco looked up, hope shining in his eyes and nodded, still in complete shock-so much so that he had no idea what to even think.

Harry Potter was going to think about having a baby with him, Draco Malfoy.

Harry got up and left the room for the first time since he had entered, wandering up to the tea room while he tried processing what Draco has asked him not five minutes before.

Harry had thought about having a family, of course, but when he came to terms with being gay he had resigned himself to never having the luxury of kids that were his. Draco's predicament had sparked a hope inside of him, but he had logic and wisdom on his side. He had to think this through.

He could deny Draco and have him try to find someone else and then see if he could manage that. But if he denied him, then he would never have a child to call his own. And if Draco couldn't find someone else soon enough then he would die, taking the child with him. Harry couldn't let that happen.

Not at all.

He got a cup of Brazilian coffee knowing that he needed something stronger than tea. He knew what his answer would be, and he wasn't sure it was the right decision, but he thought it was the better option.

Giving the answer would be a little awkward though.

He wasn't a hundred percent that anything would work out in his favor, but hey. He figured that Harry Potter didn't do anything halfway and he wasn't going to let a childhood feud get in his way of having a family. He might even grow to like the git more than he already did. They had trained together and had taken out two of the most dangerous people out there after Voldemort's death.

He almost choked on his coffee when he realized that he actually cared for the blond more than even Sirius made him realize. He figured it was just a friendship, tentative as it was, and nonsexual.

But...hadn't he caught himself admiring the way his muscles strained when he was doing push ups? Hadn't he thought on more than one occasion that Draco Malfoy was maybe, just maybe, sexy?

Wait, sexy? He meant to think that he was cute. Didn't he? A little voice told him that he didn't and that he had a major crush on the man.

But what would he do about it? He couldn't really tell him, he'd get his head bitten off by one angry Slytherin. Harry wasn't so sure that he wanted that.

He rather liked his head on his shoulders.

So what was he to do about his not-so-tiny crush? He could just let things play out and see where everything takes them, but that wouldn't be his style. Normally Harry would just go for it. But normally Harry wasn't interested for people who hated him for years on end. So waiting seemed the best option at the moment.

Slowly, he stood up and put his money on the table to pay for his coffee and walked out. He took his time getting back to Draco's room, wanting to put off the inevitable conversation that he knew was coming.

Approaching the door, he sighed. He wasn't too sure he wanted to walk through, he supposed he could just walk away. But Harry was too noble for that. So throwing away all of his self-preservation and remaining pride, he opened the door just enough to get inside and quickly shut it again.

Draco was lying on the bed reading a book Harry had conjured while he was waiting and had never finished.

He just didn't understand Shakespeare's wording very well.

An he was doing that weird tummy-rubbing thing again. The motion was quickly becoming something that Harry very much liked watching Draco do.

"Draco?" He looked up immediately, not bothering to mark his place. "I...I'll do it."