Chapter 15

It had been four months since Harry had opened up to Draco. Three months of the relentless puking and odd cravings and slight mood swings. And as far as he knew, cravings weren't supposed to start until the fourth or fifth month. He was just overworking his mind.

That was always the conclusion he drew. Of course, Harry thought he was overworking himself too. Now that Draco was pregnant and the brunet didn't have to work, he actually had time to sit down and think. He had the time to think about the curse he endured that promoted the growth of his baby.

He really had to remember that spell. Lots of people could use it. Of course, Healers would need to be taught and specialized, but in the end, so many more couples, fertile or non, could have families. He looked forward to that day. Of course, that day wouldn't come until he could remember what the man had said and done. Which wasn't likely as he was beginning to find it harder and harder to remember the events in the first place due to hitting his head as hard as he did. He had little hope for it, and told Harry as much.

"Well, at least you tried. Don't hurt yourself thinking about it if you can't recall it. Now how about a game of chess?" Draco knew Harry was hiding something, he just didn't know what.

Well, he always said he hated surprises, but deep down he actually loved them. He just couldn't wait to see what Harry was planning. For planning Harry was. It became apparent in November when he had left for Diagon Alley, under the cover of Christmas presents.

Draco sighed, listening to his pitiful excuses of why he took multiple trips to wizarding towns across the globe. He even went to Russia for Merlin's sakes! But, he knew he was honestly trying and it couldn't be anything bad since Harry was telling him where he was going. Hell, he even took one of Draco's house elves with him whenever he left the house so Draco knew what towns he was going to and to prove he wasn't being unfaithful to him and the baby.

Christmas came around without much change, other than the cravings and morning sickness leaving him. His mood swings stopped too, and for that he was grateful.

Christmas Eve's Eve found the two men sitting side-by-side by the hearth where the fire Harry had made (the muggle way) crackled and popped cheerfully. Draco was leaning on Harry lightly, with his arm around Draco's not-so-small waist, hand rubbing soothing circles into him.

"Harry? What are we doing tomorrow? It is Christmas Eve you know."

"I was planning on spending the day cleaning. Why?" Draco shrugged. He didn't mind much, and had given Harry the choice to pick what they did. He especially made sure that Harry didn't feel pressured. That was a task, but apparently unnecessary as he still wanted to stay home. They remained there for quite awhile before Harry spoke, a nervous and worried edge to his voice.

"Draco?"

"Harry?"

"Um...Are you happy?"

"Of course." He was taken aback. Why wouldn't he be happy? He was having a baby and living with one of the hottest men alive. "Why do you ask?"

"I mean...With me? Are you happy with me?"

"I am. Very much so." To prove his point, he snuggled in closer to the brunet and pressed his face into Harry's neck. "Why the sudden curiosity?"

"I...Well I...I just figured that maybe since you were having a baby you'd be upset. I mean, it's going to be hard for you to find a husband isn't it?" As Draco could tell he was extremely nervous, he took pity on him and interrupted his fast-approaching monologue.

"Look, it would've been hard in the first place just because of my name. And if any guy thinks that he can so much as take me on a date, then he needs to know that he either has to accept me for me, which now includes our baby, or he can leave before daddy kicks his sorry ass out the door." Draco wondered who gave him a boldness potion before dinner. He normally would never have had the boldness to call Harry 'Daddy'. He smiled before he could take it back.