Chapter 9

The next week found the two partners at the Ministry waiting for Kingsley to either come out of his office or let them in. Draco was nervous for his first time out on in the field, Harry could just tell. He had been nervous his first time too.

"Enter." Harry swung the door open and walked in, clearly not caring if the blond followed or not. "It's time." Harry's eyes widened. Was Kingsley really giving him the mission he wanted? Wanted so much he had done extensive research outside of work and made an entire three folders of information just from what he got in two weeks.

"I need you to take up Mission X." He couldn't believe it. He got it! This was what he wanted so desperately he lost sleep over it. This was it.

"What's Mission X?" It was then that Harry realized Malfoy needed a debriefing day. He was a little disappointed at that, but he would only need an hour or two. He knew that if he went out without proper protocol, he'd be sent back to desk work.

"Harry, we did some extra research with better sources and equipment. All of it points in the same direction you were following. So file four is what we found, nothing too far off of what we already knew. Brief Malfoy today. You start tomorrow."

"Yes sir, thank you." Harry covered his smile with a predatory smirk and swooped out of the room so fast he looked like a sexier, deadlier Snape. And he knew it.

He saw, out of the corner of his eyes, everyone in the vicinity had stopped to stare. They all grew worried at the look on is face. They knew that look. Someone big was going down.

Draco trailed behind, and Harry knew he was leaving him in the dust. He threw open his office door and turned abruptly at the side of his desk to watch Malfoy hasten to a stop before running into him.

"This," Harry growled as he grabbed an entire box of paperwork, "is exactly why I joined the force. And this," he slapped the files on the desk in the center so it made a loud noise. "is exactly why I refuse to quit until my contract is up."

He could see the questioning looks from everyone in the hallway and walked over to slam the door shut with his foot and cast as many silencing charms as he knew. Only then did he decide to let his excitement show.

"Mission X is a major mission in which not very many people know of. Possibly only five or six people know about it and I know only me and Kingsley know the entirety of it's details.

"So. Two major Death Eaters managed to escape our searching. In short, your father and Bellatrix Lestrange. Did you love your father?" He watched Draco decide if he was going to answer or not.

"I...admired him for seeming so powerful, I guess. But when his 'master' came back...he lost that admiration within a heartbeat. So no, not really."

"Good. He's been having affairs with Lestrange. They escaped together.

"And now they're trying to recruit more followers. They want to make your father the next leader. So we have to stop them. Naturally, I got a hint of suspicion when they both disappeared at the same exact time. I did a little research and came up with a few files of evidence. I gave Kingsley the file six months after I started.

"He didn't give anyone else the case because I told him I'd stay to the end of my contract before quitting. Although at that point it's pretty much just not resigning up. He in turn told me after I got a steady partner that wouldn't leave I could have the case." Harry sat down in his chair and pulled out a bottle of rum.

"You want a shot?" Malfoy nodded and Harry poured him one. He was so overwhelmed with happiness that he didn't see Malfoy grimace at his smile.

Harry was elated. The only reason he joined the Aurors was so he could catch the rest of the Death Eaters who chose their fate when his parents were murdered. And these were the last two that weren't dead. He was going to change that. And very soon.