Chapter 10: Hero Hindrance

Myne looked on smugly at Naofumi and Raphtalia, pleased with how well they had beaten them. A young man, clad in the same armour like the other knights, was with Naofumi and Raphtalia, his sword drawn
"Surround them" announced Myne with the Spear Hero standing by her side. Soon the soldiers had drawn their swords and had encircled Naofumi, Raphtalia and the young man. The party member who held a knocked out Filo stood next to the Spear hero, along with the rest of his party
"You should just give up shield hero, there's no way you make this out alive. You'll have a royal execution here for destroying all this land, and killing that poor soldier over there"
"But that was you! You have no right to lie when in such a royal position" Screamed back Raphtalia
"Don't you dare talk to me that way you filthy Demi!" Myne's face was fuming with anger until channelling that energy into a devilish smile "Still, I guess it could be your last-ditch effort of resistance. I hope you're prepared to die honey, because there is nobody coming along to save you"
"Except for me"
Myne spun around to the challenging voice and went pale when seeing who it belonged to. "Y-y-you!...."
"Sup bitchface, you mind telling me what's going on here?"
"Why...why are you still here?! Why haven't you killed the Shield Hero yet?! That is treason of the highest order, and YOU SHALL-"
"Oh, will you please shut up! Nobody wants to hear your filthy mouth speak all the time, it'll just make my brain cells explode out of pure boredom"
"You...you pathetic bastard! You'll pay for this!"
You flashed her a malicious grin "and who's going to make me pay? YOU?"
Myne shuddered backwards. She called over a platoon of guards, armed with broadsword but no shields
"Kill him! He was the member of the Shield Hero's party that assaulted me and the Spear Hero. Execute him at once!"
"Yes, ma'am" cried the guards in unison. They readied their swords and formed a 2 man thick line in front of you. There were maybe 20 guards in total.
"(Raphtalia told me not to kill...and not to swear. Oops)" you changed Rosmarinus into a club and removed the dark void energy from the weapon "(that can be saved for later)" you gave the soldiers a deathly stare "Bring it".

As soon as you said those words, 3 soldiers rushed at you. You threw your shield at the one on the left. It smacked him dead in the face and knocked him out. The shield ricocheted off him and knocked out the guard in the middle on the back of the head. The soldier on the right hesitated for a moment before sprinting as fast as he could as you, sword thrusting forward. You stepped to the left and smack him in the head with your club. He dropped to the floor unconscious. You summoned back your shield and threw it once again violently as the group of soldiers in front of you, keeping the momentum. As you did so you rushed at them to keep up the pressure. With every guard you took down 2 more were knocked by your shield. Soon all the guards were laying down on the floor, bruised and groaning. You looked back at Myne and throw your club at her, only for it to be hit in another direction by the Spear Hero. You used this to your advantage as you used the Space stone to sent the club twirling through the air like Thor's hammer, knocking out the circle of guards surrounding Raphtalia and Naofumi. You brought the club back to your right arm and formed it into a Katana. You put your shield away as you stared down the Shield Hero and flashed a smug smirk his way. As soon as he winced in fear you leapt towards him, almost like a blur. His distracted state made him vulnerable and you used that to your advantage. You slashed viciously at him, leaving multiple scars on his armour and spear. You kicked him backwards and then lunged forward. Myne shot off a firebolt that knocked you back a few feet but didn't hurt as much as one would expect a fire-bolt would. You flashed Myne a sinister smile while letting the Raw power of the Power Stone shard course through you.

"My turn" You shot out a powerful ball of purple fire at Myne, which knocked her back and seared her armour and burned up her skin. She crashed into a platoon of guards, knocking them all out instantly. She shambled up bruised and broken and ordered the guards to attack me.

"Oh yay, looks like there's more fun to be had" you used the space shard to knock back the incoming adventurers, and then, channelling the power stone's energy into a Warhammer you formed you slammed it into the ground, causing a massive shockwave and flinging the party members into the next district; literally. You turned to the one holding Filo and threw the Warhammer at her. She dropped Filo and ran; only able to get a few steps away before being hit on the back of the head and knocked out. You healed Filo back to consciousness with your ancient touch, and soon did the same with Naofumi and Raphtalia
"So, you mind telling me what's going on?"
Naofumi rubbed his arm where he had been hit and looked back over at you "I don't know, they just started to attack us for resisting an arrest"
You sighed and put away Rosmarinus "yeah that seems about ri-"
Suddenly you were hit in the back of the head with an arrow, and a strong one at that. Your vision blurred for a moment before a massive icy explosion hit your side. You flew high into the air and crashed down into a crowded town square. The townspeople soon fled after seeing the severity of the situation. A group of people walked up to you. They seemed to be two separate groups, each with a leader. one was holding a sword and the other a bow. You coughed up a small amount of blood before getting up
"So *pant* you two must be the sword hero and bow hero. Wow, I am not impressed I must say. You" you say pointing to the Sword hero "look like a moody emo teenager, and you," you say gesturing over to the bow hero "you look like you've just come out of the womb. No wonder this world is so messed up with their heroes looking like laughing stocks"
The sword hero looked on plainly, while the bow hero looked flustered and enraged.
"How dare you speak to us like that, after everything you've done!"
"Huh? What are you on about?"
"You attacked the spear Hero without mercy, and badly injured him and one of his companions"
"Nah mate, I attacked him because he was being Pervy with a friend of mine"
He gritted his teeth "even so, that doesn't account for all the people you have massacred"
"WHAT?!!"
"Don't act so surprised, now prepare for a grand execution you...you demon!"
The Bow hero shot off a flurry of arrows in my direction. You blocked them with your shield, however, the barrage wouldn't let up. The sword hero quickly rushed you
"Meteor Slash!" A powerful slice cut through the armour of my shield and launched it out of my hands
"Vampire Stab!" He thrust his sword into your gut, making blood pour out like a river. "Spartan Kick!" He cried, knocking you back furiously through the air
"Meteor Shot!" The bow hero fired off an arrow that plunged into your neck before exploding. You smashed and broke through a wall to a fine house behind you. The top of the house crumbled, crushing you further in debris. Blood was now spewing out of your gut, neck and mouth. The dust was tainted in red
"(Go forth, Child!)"
"Huh? W-who's *coughs there?" You say before vomiting up blood
"(It is I, Shargoth, child. Get up, and fight)"
"I...i..."
"(You are Gilada's champion. You will take his mantle. This doesn't seem very champion-y to me, quitting after such little retaliation)"
"I...I'm not quitting..."
"(If not for Gilada or I, then do it for the people of this world. Do it for the ones you love. Do it for that girl you love so dearly)"
"How...how did" *vomits*
"(I may not look it child, but I was once quite the romantic. I know love when I see it. Now go, use the powers I have bestowed upon you and defeat these two masqueraders that call themselves heroes!)"
You slowly started to get up, using a Rosmarinus as a support thanks to turning it into a staff. You stood upright and used healing magic onto yourself, making you go above and beyond your physical limits. You then smirked at the two of them, as a brilliant recipe for chaos came into your mind. You formed Rosmarinus into a breastplate and placed it around your chest. The armour wrapped around you, and soon from the neck down you were covered in a thick layer of gleamingly golden armour. You summoned back your shield and placed it onto your face. It wrapped around you like a golden helmet and attached itself to the rest of your armour. You appeared very much like the fantasy equivalent of a walking tank; akin to power armour