Just a loaf of bread and a lifeguard.

chapter ii

IT WAS POURING OUT

IT WAS POURING OUT. IT DIDNT HELP THAT ALADDIN WAS BEING CHASEDBY A MAN WITH A GUN.

     He kept stumbling, clothes soaking wet, and a loaf of bread in his button up shirt.

     "You little shit! Give me back my damn bread!" The bakery owner shot a round of bullets just missing Aladdin. This caused the boy to yelp and run even faster.

"All of this for a loaf of bread?" Aladdin yelled back, sticking his tongue out at the man. Angered by the boy's actions he shot another round of bullets. A girlish screaming coming from Aladdin.

     He had to find a public place. Most of the streets were empty. Only cars speeding through once in a while. He heard the bell of a bicycle as it rode past them. It stopped. Two figures were riding it. One in a yellow rain coat, and one in a red rain coat.

     The one in the yellow rain coat turned around. "Met us at the pool! Don't get shot!" Max yelled to Aladdin. They sped off immediately.

      Aladdin nodded. Hearing gun shots again he took off, almost tripping as he did.

By the time Aladdin made it to the pool he was soaking wet. His hair was dripping, his loaf of bread, the wrapper was wet. But thank god the bread wasn't.

"Oh thank lord! I am not going hungry to night!" Aladdin cheered.

His cheering was caught off by a towel being thrown in his face. Muffling him. He pulled the towel down to reveal Max looking at him. El was also looking at him―with a questioning gaze.

"Thanks." Aladdin placed the towel on his head, drying his wet hair.

"It was El's idea, not mine." She crossed her arms.

Aladdin looked at El and slightly bowed his head as a thanks. She nodded.

Aladdin rubbed his hands together―leaving the towel on his head. "Alright gang, what's the mystery today?" Aladdin asked the two girls.

"We found this in my brother's room." Max pulled out a fanny pack. It was a lifeguard one. Aladdin slowly took it out of Max's hands, observing it.

"He didn't steal it that's for sure." Aladdin then gave it to El. Max raised her brow.

"How do you know?" She asked. Aladdin rolled his eyes at her attitude. "Maybe cause, Billy does not look like the type to steal. Nor could he steal it with out the life guard noticing it. It's a fanny pack. It's harder to steal than a loaf of bread." Aladdin pulled the towel off his head, and rested it on the nape of his neck.