Quos amor verus tenuit, tenebit .

ix.

   Aladdin sat on the steps of the cabin

   Aladdin sat on the steps of the cabin. He had only arrived 10 minutes after most of the group. He rubbed the bridge of his nose. He watched the flies burn themselves in the porch light. He heard the front door open behind him. Al didn't bother to turn around.

   "Mike said to come back in soon. El's almost done getting ready." Will spoke. Al leaned back, craning his neck far enough back to stare at Will.

   "How the FUCK do you do this?" He turned his body towards Will's shorter figure pulling his neck out of that uncomfortable position. Will stared at the solemn boy with pity.

   "Stop looking at me with pity." He scoffed. Will ignored the comment and sat next to him.

"You're weird. One moment you want to fight everything you see in sight, now...you look like a lost puppy." Will looked ahead. The last part of his phrase made Aladdin annoyed.

   "Tch...Lost puppy?" He repeated Will's words in a questioning tone. 'What the hell is that supposed to mean?" He sat up, head snapping towards Will. Will scooted away defensively.

   "I didn't mean anything rude―" He began to stammer. Aladdin rolled his eyes looking away.

   "It's just that..." The thief paused. "As cliché as it sounds I've been lost all my life. I barley remember my Father. My mother―she's dead." He looked at his hands, he inhaled deeply before continuing.

   "Do you think I want to steal? No... I don't even wanna live this life. I gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat.." He looked towards Will. Will stared ahead once more. He was deep in thought.

   "Maybe, once this is over―" he paused "I can ask my mom to let you stay over for a couple nights." He looked toward Al for a response. Aladdin chuckled.

   "If I didn't know any better, I'd believe you're falling for me!" He joked leaning personally close towards Will.

   Will gagged, pushing the taller boy away. "No way in hell, I'm not fairy!" He exclaimed. His tone wasn't either playful nor disgusted, causing Aladdin to pull away.

   "You hurt me Byers." Aladdin put his hand over his hurt, feigning heartbreak. "Good." Will responded rolling his eyes.

   Silence fell between the two. Al was the first to speak. "As much as i would take your offer― I'm better on my own." Silence fell between the two.

   "Then..." Wil dragged the "n" on before falling silent. "We'll  get you food if you're ever in need!" Will turned his body towards the Arabic boy. He shook his head in response.