Chapter 4: Cassandra

She rolled over and blinked lazily, the red numbers of her clock read 3:54. Her jaw popped audibly as she yawned, loud enough to be heard over the TV she had apparently left on all night. She sat up and stretched, her back cracking in multiple places. She turned over to reach for the remote when she saw him. Not him really, more off, his black mop of hair spread out on her pillow case. She smiled dreamily as she traced the length of his spine with her fingertips. His skin was hot to the touch so she pulled the covers down. He wasn’t wearing much, but neither was she. He was only in boxers and she was only in his shirt. She continued gently rubbing his back. His muscles contracted as he responded to her touch, he let out his own yawn that matched hers. She began to place more pressure onto his back, kneading the muscles with the palm of her hand. He let out a gentle moan and she smiled sadly.

'How does he not realize how perfect he is,' She shook her head and laid back down next to him.

He slipped one arm around her, pulling her close so she slid across the sheets. She giggled and he looked up at her. It was dark except the blue glow of the TV screen but she could still see the sexy curve of his lips. She brushed his hair out of his face and he huffed, he hated that. He shook his head like a dog earning another round of giggles. He crawled on top of her and rested his chin on her chest.

Playing with his hair lightly she teased, “You fell asleep,” He propped himself up to look at her face “I fell asleep? You fell asleep at 10! We only got 10 minutes into the movie and you were out!” She raised her eyebrows “That just shows what little ability you have when it comes to choosing movies.” He chuckled and pressed his face against her skin. “That’s okay, I make up for it with other abilities,” He began to kiss the soft curve of her neck, dragging his teeth hard enough to bring bumps to her flesh. “Chance,” She moaned gently and her fingers buried themselves in his hair. He nibbled playfully at her earlobe and she gasped. His mouth found hers as his hands slid down her form, tracing the outline of her ribs, caressing her hips and slightly digging his nails into the skin. She moaned into his mouth and he held back a smirk. One of his hands slipped under her shirt while the other reached behind and rested on her back. He roughly pulled her on top of him when suddenly they were interrupted. The annoying alarm clock was ringing so obnoxiously loud, she had to cover her ears. She squeezed her eyes shut  until the sound stopped.

When she opened them again, it was completely dark. She felt movement next to her and smiled, reaching out to pull Chance closer, but she found she could not move her arms. She yanked on them forcefully but they did not give and pain shot up and down the lengths of her limbs. Then she heard the sound of metal. Her chest collapsed as if someone had just punched her. She wasn’t with Chance, she was in a motel room, with her kidnapper. She looked to her left and saw the outline of a man standing by the window. He flung it open quickly in an extremely dramatic and unnecessary nature.

Light flooded the room and she squeezed her eyes shut against it. When she finally opened them, she realized the man was staring at her with a ravenous intent. She cringed and did her best to cover herself, but without the ability to use her arms, it did little. She attempted to curl in a ball and remained there until she felt a tugging at her wrists. The man was undoing her bonds and this was her last chance. Had she truly chosen submission? The man’s eyes were on her face and he seemed to notice her thoughts, almost like he read her mind. “Try it, I dare you, sweetheart.” She did not try it.

Once free, well, once her arms were free, she pulled her knees to her chest and wrapped herself around them, keeping her eyes one the man to prepare herself for any sudden attacks. He continued watching her, like a predator looking after his prey. She watched him the same way and tried to make her face look as menacing as possible. She probably looked like an angry puppy. Adorable, scared and mostly harmless. Mostly. She added in her mind, noticing the slight bruising around his nose, most -likely due to her savage kick the day before. Leaning forward, he reached around to the back of her head and untied the cloth that had been in her mouth the entirety of the night. Her mouth was dry and her jaw ached from being gagged for such a long amount of time.

“What’s your name?” Hysteria was bubbling in her stomach and burst out through her mouth in a stream of uncontrolled giggles.

'What kind of question is that? The man that just kidnapped and raped me wants to know my name.' It was an utterly ridiculous concept.

The man’s expression hardened and moved forward towards her. “I asked you a god damn question,” he growled through clenched teeth. She shook her head and smiled up at him “Does it look like I give a fuck?” Granted this was probably not the best way to handle this situation. She realized a little too late that there would be repercussions for her snide remark. With a movement so quick she didn’t even have time to react, the man slapped her hard enough to make her fall off the bed, her body slamming painfully into a bedside table on the way to the floor. She closed her eyes because they began to water and she would not cry in front of this man. Clutching at her cheek, she curled into a protective ball on the floor.

“My name is Toby. See? It is an easy question, now, what is your name?” She opened her eyes and blinked away the tears, he was standing over her giving her that a look of satisfaction. “Clara,” she lied instinctively . Obviously he would find out eventually, surely her name would be in the papers, on the news, people would come looking for a Cassandra. She acknowledged that this was a mistake the second the name left her lips, but she decided she would deal with that later.

He smiled and she cringed away, “That just won’t do,” he smirked and crouched down next to her, running his hand over her bare back. She suppressed a gag as his hands were once again leaving invisible marks on her body. “Candice,” he insisted after a moment of contemplation. “Candice is good, yes?” She didn’t say anything. The man moved down next to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her up and forcing her to lean on him. She kept her arms wrapped around her chest trying to salvage some dignity. His neck craned down towards her and in a quick moment of utter horror, he pressed his mouth against hers. She remained hard as a rock, refusing to budge but a sharp pull of a fistful of her hair made her react. “You will kiss me back, do you understand me? Now, lets try that again.” His slimy tongue forced itself into her mouth and she nearly gagged. After agonizingly long moments he pulled away. “This is going to be fun, Candice. You’ll see.”