Prologue.

Thor looks at himself in a mirror with an eye patch that covers his slashed-out eye. Lana sits by his side, not even appearing to be upset that her twin brother had just "died". She files her nails, glancing every once and a while at her older brother. She knows Thor feels bad, he's the one that sent Loki to his "death", but she can't bring herself to tell the big lug Loki's still alive. Though she's not as mischievous as her brother, watching Thor beat himself up always cheers her up.

"It suits you," Loki announces from behind the two. Lana smirks as Thor turns to see Loki. Thor doesn't seem as surprised as he normally is when Loki comes back, which surprises Lana. She was expecting Thor to rush into Loki's arms or curse him out; she prefers the latter.

"Maybe you're not so bad after all, brother," Thor remarks.

Loki shrugs. "Maybe not," he agrees.

"Thank you," Thor tells him, throwing something towards Loki. "If you were here, I might even give you a hug." Loki smirks and Lana's grows as she stands up and Loki catches the object.

"I'm here," Loki states the obvious. Lana rushes up to him and gives him a hug. He chuckles and plays with her hair. Soon, Thor is joining in on the hug and the three siblings just enjoy being in each other's embrace.

~~~

"Your throne," Valkyrie announces as the three siblings walk into view. Thor smiles and sits down, Loki and Lana standing on each side of him.

"So, King of Asgard," Heimdall starts. Thor turns to the Asgardians and waves. "Where to?"

"I'm not sure," Thor admits. "Any suggestions?" He asks the people around him. Loki and Lana shrug, Valkyrie takes a drink from her bottle, and Heimdall gestures to Thor. "Miek, where are you from?"

"Miek's dead," Korg announces. Lana scrunches her nose, her eyes staring at the dead creature in Korg's arms. Why are they even bringing this rock creature with them?

Thor's face falls. "Oh."

"Yeah, no, I accidentally stomped on him on the bridge. I've just felt so guilty, I've been carrying him around all day," Korg elaborates. Miek moves. "Oh, Miek, you're alive! He's alive, guys. What was your question again, bro?" Lana rolls her eyes and, looking directly at her twin brother, sticks her finger in her mouth to mimic gagging. Loki suppresses a laugh.

"Earth it is," Thor decides. Loki and Lana nod along.

~~~

Thor, Loki, and Lana look out in space. Lana now sits on the throne, not because her brothers agree she should rule but because she just sat down after her brother stood up. However, while we're on the subject of her ruling; she should. Thor and Loki have no experience in ruling- except, of course, the short amount of time Loki had after Thor's failed coronation. Honestly, what went through their father's mind when he decided Thor was only fit to rule? Please. Ruling is in her blood. Plus with her on the throne Joutunheim won't dare attack in fear of their princess' wrath. Her feet are curled up behind her on the seat as she looks out into the abyss.

"Do you really think it's a good idea to go back to Earth?" Loki asks, breaking the silence. Thor and Lana look over to him, the latter with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, of course," Thor states. "The people of Earth love me. I'm very popular." Lana rolls her eyes slightly.

"Let me rephrase that. Do you really think it's a good idea to bring me back to Earth?" Lana looks to him sympathetically. Loki doesn't look over at his older sister, knowing the look she's giving him. He can sense it from where he stands. They have always been close.

"Probably not, to be honest," Thor agrees. Lana clears her throat, earning her brothers' attention.

"Well, I've never been to Earth," she brings up. "So quite frankly, I believe it only fair if we set a course for the one realm we know won't kill us." Thor and Loki look down. "While you two were busy messing with the mortals, I was stuck in Asgard CLEANING UP YOUR MESSES!" She fires, her feet thudding against the floor when they touch. Her head is held high as per usual when she's scolding her brothers.

"Sister-" Thor starts. Lana holds up her hand, silencing him.

"No, no. We will set a course for Midgard and since I'm the only one with ruling experiences, I think it only wise that I'm either second in command or the queen." Thor smiles as Loki smirks. "Not to mention having a Jotunn on the throne would bring our two realms closer, something our father never did quite realize." Thor claps his hand on her back. She looks to it, her jaw set.

"And this is why you should be queen," Thor agrees. He then turns to Loki. "Do you agree brother?" Loki looks to Lana, her eyes glittering with truth. He knows his sister is best suited for the throne and can't ever imagine someone else as the ruler. He loves his brother don't get him wrong, but his sister knows how to set her heart aside and rule with what's best for the kingdom.

"Of course I agree," Loki states, a smile on his face. Lana smiles, victorious; not that age thought she wouldn't be. "Who would be better?" The three siblings laugh.

"Now, I wouldn't worry about the Midgardian's, dear brother," Lana tells him. "I feel like everything's gonna work out fine."

Suddenly, a shadow hovers over them. The three look over to find Sanctuary II hovering over the Statesman. Loki and Lana share a look before the oldest is pinching the bridge of her nose, her eyes screwed shut.

"He couldn't have given us one moment of peace, could he?" She complains. Thor grows confused.

"You know who that ship belongs to?" He asks the two. They nod.

"Unfortunately we do, dear brother."