Thirty-two.

The next day, Thor, Lana, and Valkyrie stand on a cliff overlooking New Asgard. "So, when can we expect you two back?" Valkyrie asked the royals.

"Uhhmm. . . about that. . ." Thor starts. Lana bites her lip. Valkyrie looks between the two of them.

"Thor. Your people need a king," she states. "Lana. You made an excellent queen. Why are you giving that up?" Lana smiles softly, grabbing Valkyrie's hands.

"Because, dear Valkyrie, the perfect king and queen is standing right in front of us." Valkyrie raises an eyebrow, looking between the two again. Thor nods. Valkyrie snorts.

"That's funny." Lana squeezes her hands, smiling warmly. "You're being serious?" They nod.

"It's time for me to be who I am rather than who I'm supposed to be," Thor states. "But you, you're a leader. That's who you are."

"You know I'd make a lot of changes around here."

Lana's smile grows. "We're counting on it." She then curtsies. "Your Majesty." The two women laugh. Thor, then, offers Valkyrie a farewell handshake.

"What will you do?"

"I'm not sure. For the first time in a thousand years, I. . . I have no path. I do have a ride, though." Lana and Thor share a smirk. Valkyrie turns to the former queen.

"What about you? What will you do?"

"I'm going to go exploring." She looks off into the distance. "And I know just who to go exploring with." Off in the distance, Quill is skipping rocks with Athena. She seems to be enjoying spending time with her father. Lana smiles.

~~~

The Benatar is parked on the cliff. Quill stands at the center console now, giving it one last goodbye. Lana, Athena, and Thor walk onto the ship a moment later. The princess runs to her father and jumps into his arms. He picks her up and holds her close. Lana rests her hand gently on Quill's shoulder. He smiles at her and steaks a kiss.

"Well, here we are. Tree! Good to see you. Well. . ." Thor removes his shades and taps Quill on the shoulder. "The Asgardians of the Galaxy, back together again." Thor touches the screens map to pick their destination. "Where to first?" Quill looks to his girlfriend. She shrugs.

"Just so you know, this is still my ship. Even though I might not be on it, I'm in charge."

"I know. I know. Of course, you are. Of course," Thor agrees. Lana snorts.

"See, you say of course, but then you touch the map. It makes me think that maybe you didn't realize I was in charge."

"Quail. . . you. . . that-that's-"

"Quail?" Lana's eyes widen.

". . . that's your own insecurities in there. Okay? I'm merely trying to be of service. An assistant." She gasps.

"Quill," he corrects.

"That's what I said." Lana steps between the two.

"Alright boys, no fighting in front of the kid." Athena pouts. Thor and Quill nod in agreement. Lana walks off to find Rocket. She finds him tinkering with something. "Alright, raccoon, lets make a promise."

"Unless that promise is to never call me a raccoon again, I don't wanna hear it," he tells her, not even looking up. She smirks.

"Trust me, you'll wanna hear this one." He sighs and sets the thing aside, looking up at her. "Promise me you'll keep my brother safe while your jet-setting around the galaxy?"