Growing Ambitions

The Undercity, the ever bustling mean streets that never slept. It had no shortage of thieves and thugs. Some did so for survival, others for power. And in the dark underbelly of the Undercity, one individual was known by many of the inhabitants as the most ruthless crime lord in all of Drake City... Creed Slitherwick.

In the darkest corners of the Undercity, there was what appeared to be a weathered apartment complex. In actuality, this was Creed's secret base of operations, the interior of which looked quite nice yet had an eerie ambience to it. There Creed sat at his desk, counting all the gold coins he gained from poor unfortunates who were under his debt.

Ordinarily, he'd be happy while counting his profits. However, this time his demeanor was rather irritable. His mood did not brighten when that nuisance, Mathis, walked in.

"Yo Mr. C, got some more loot for ya." Mathis said, with a smug grin on his face. He tossed a small bag of gold to Creed, who poured out the spoils on to his desk.

"Well done. Here's a little incentive for your trouble." Creed tossed Mathis one piece of silver. The young ruffian was not happy with this one bit.

"What?! This is a joke right? One lousy piece of silver? C'mon Mr. C, ya gotta give me more than that!"

At Mathis's last statement, Creed whipped his tail on the floor, causing the teen to jump a bit. Creed was definitely not in the mood for this.

"Perhaps you would like me to pay you a different way, dear boy?" Creed said, in a tone as cold as ice.

Behind Mathis, Creed's two henchmen, Charlie and Nixon, popped their knuckles, ready to beat the young man to a bloody pulp. Understandably, Mathis was scared stiff.

"Uhh... on second thought, I'm good. Yeah, I'm a one silver piece kinda guy!"

"Good, now leave me in peace."

At that last sentence, Mathis decided it was time to go, and so he did, as quickly as he could. Nixon and Charlie began to get worried. They have seen their boss angry before, but never for a whole two weeks.

"What seems to be the trouble boss?" Started Charlie, in a gravely cockney tone.

"Yeah, you seem to be in a bad mood all the time lately" Added Nixon, in a deeper tone.

Creed then got up from his chair and walked straight to a portrait of himself, with a look of malaise.

"Let me ask you something, boys. Is it fair to have worked so hard to elevate your station in life, only to have it snatched away by some no account street rat who turned out to be royalty by chance?"

"Of course boss."Charlie and Nixon said in unison, quick to agree with their boss. Creed's expression then intensified.

"Then why is it that Zarya, a lowly rodent who had consistently stolen my riches for a living, SUDDENLY GETS IT ALL!" Irrationally, Creed torn down his own portrait, smashing it into bits, causing both anaconda twins to step back a bit. "That nuisance had nothing when she first arrived, she was forced to forage for scraps for her next bite. And now... now it turns out she's a princess?!"

Charlie and Nixon were definitely afraid, but at least they understood where Creed was coming from.

"Yeah, the tables have certainly turned." Said Nixon.

"Guess all those years of treating her like mud will bite us in the butt eh?" Charlie Added.

"Exactly you clods! Now she has the power to put us all in prison. Crime, my entire livelihood, in jeopardy now that Zarya is in power." Creed then projected a picture rom his phone, from week old news of Zarya and Arkayna, alongside their friends Piper and Em. "Just look at her, I'll bet that impudent rat is enjoying her royal life. I'll bet she thinks she's all high and mi..."

Suddenly, Creed noticed something very interesting about this picture. He looked at the two princesses, along with their two best friends, together.

"Wait a minute. Charlie, project the Mysticons image for your phone."

Charlie was not quite sure why Creed wanted him to project said image, but he wasn't about to object his ruthless boss. Without a second thought, Charlie did as he was told. Creed then compared the two images together. There were differences of course, but they were still similar... very similar.

"Could it be?" Creed kept looking back and forth from one image to the other, putting two and two together. "The Twin Princesses are... Mysticons?" Creed then wore what appeared to be a frightful expression.

Charlie and Nixon thought their boss was going crazy at first. Although, in hindsight, they could see a crazy resemblance. Now the anaconda twins thought they were really in trouble, especially if Zarya was a Mysticon.

"This... is... perfect" Suddenly, Creed's look of fright, turned into a malicious smile. Now Charlie and Nixon were confused. Why was this something to be happy about?

"Nixon, call up Kymraw." Creed said as he went to his desk.

"Why boss?" Nixon could not help but inquire.

"Let's just say, if all goes according plan... Drake City, as well as all of Gemina, shall bow before a new king."