Things Are Different

Piper couldn't sleep. She had been tossing and turning with her eyes open a good majority of the night. When she had a good look at her foz clock next to her, it was a little past midnight.

"Ugh, come on sun, rise already!" Piper said in a quiet, yet irritable tone. Being such an energetic elf, she always looked forward for what the next morning would bring. As a result, she had a hard time sleeping at times.

Finally, she just got out of bed and started pacing the floor. There had to be something to spend her excess energy. Then, an idea hit her, her ears perked up and a smile ever so wide. Without a moment to spare, she quickly, yet sneakily, made her way to Zarya's room, being careful not to wake anyone else.

Like a pint sized ninja, Piper rolled into Zary's room, tip toeing around the mess inside. There Zarya slept on her hammock, snoring a little loudly, and her right arm hanging from the side.

"Pssssst, Zarya." Piper whispered. Zarya barely budged,though she groaned just a little. "Pssssssst, Zarya!" Piper whispered a little more loudly, tapping on Zarya's shoulder until she began fluttering her eyes.

"Ugggghhh" groaned Zarya, a little groggy. "Huh, wha... Piper?"

"Oh goody, You're awake!"

"Yeah, I am... now!" Zarya flicked Piper's forehead in response. Suffice to say, the former street rat did not appreciate being woken up. "What's the deal Pipes, don't you know what time it is?"

"Sorry, I just couldn't sleep. I thought, maybe we could do something?"

"Get some sleepy time pollen or something. Good night."

As Zarya turn to face the wall, her eyes closed, Piper was stroking her chin for a way to get her elder sister figure out of bed. She then smiled mischievously as one idea popped into mind.

"We could sneak out into the Undercity, see the sights?"

Zarya opened one eye and smirked. If there was one thing she could not say no to, it was a trip to her home turf.

"Get dressed Pipes, the Undercity it is." Zarya said with a proud smile. Piper quietly cheered and both prepared for the night out. Zarya woke up her faithful foz, Choko, who was quick to join them.

***

Even at midnight, the Undercity was ever so lively, and Zarya absolutely loved it. She, Choko, and Piper were having the time if their lives. The y spent time seeing all the sights, playing all sorts of games they use to play on the streets, and eating snorg balls to their heart's content.

As Zarya finished her last snorgball, using the stick as a toothpick afterwards, she quickly noticed some familiar faces. It was none other than Neeko and the Undercity Kids, scrambling about, scavenging.

"Yo Pipes, check it out." Zarya pointed.

"Hey, it's Neeko!" Replied Piper. "It's been soooooo long since we've seen him. Let's say hi!"

Without putting much thought, Piper ran that direction, Zarya following behind.

"Neekooooooooooo!" Piper called out loudly. Recognizing the voice, Neeko turned around, only to be tackled by the over enthused elf, who was hugging him tight. "Oh Neeko I'm so glad to see you it's been too long!"

"Nice... to... see you too... Piper." Neeko struggled to say. "Now... would you mind... releasing me!?"

"Oospie, sorry."

As Neeko caught his breath a little, he hugged piper back.

"As I was saying, glad to see you Piper, it has been a while since I've seen you and..."