Quidditch Acquaintances (Harry Potter)

For the second one it is everyone's favourite, the Chosen One himself: Mr Harry Potter. Please feel free to give any feedback it is greatly appreciated. I hope you like it. Thank you. Have a nice day.

I shot towards the hoops, Quaffle tucked under my arm. I kept myself flat against my broom as I dodged Bludgers and opposing Chasers. The Quidditch Pitch was a sea of red, gold, yellow and black as I weaved in and out of both Gryffindor and Hufflepuff players. I reeled my arm back before launching the Quaffle through the air, my grin growing wide as it flew through the hoop.

"And what a beautiful goal from Danvers, thanks to that Hufflepuff are now in the lead by ten points, 150 - 140. Diggory and Potter are yet to spot the Snitch, so it's all to play for."

I blocked out Lee Jordan's commentary and focused on regaining possession of the Quaffle. I sped towards the Gryffindor chasers from underneath and sharply pulled up, swiping the Quaffle from Katie Bell as she threw it towards Angelina Johnson and sped back in direction of the Gryffindor goal. I neared the hoops yet again when suddenly I was forced to stop as a player flew in front of me, I passed the Quaffle to my fellow Chaser Audrey Malin, who continued for me.

"What are you playing at Potter! I'm trying to score a goal here!" I huffed as he remained in front of me.

"And I," he replied reaching forwards. "Am trying to get this." He pulled his hand away from the side of my head to reveal the Golden Snitch in his fist.

"He's done it! Harry Potter had caught the Snitch! Gryffindor beat Hufflepuff 290 - 150. Gryffindor win the House Cup!" I rolled my eyes and zoomed past Potter, heading towards the rest of my team. There were only two people who knew about my crush on the Boy-Who-Lived and that was my best friends and dorm mates: Hannah Abbott and Susan Bones. I first developing feeling for Harry way back in first year when I watched him play at his first ever Quidditch Match, I was certain it was a short thing that would soon disappear. However, two years later, it was it there just a one-sided, unrequited thing instead.

****

"Danvers!" I turned around at the sound of my name and rapidly approaching footsteps.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked as Harry approached me.

"I just wanted to say that you played really well yesterday." He said looking at me.

I nodded slowly. "Ok. Thanks." I said hesitantly.

"What?" He asked.

"Why did you run after me to tell me that I played well?" I asked him.

"Don't know." He replied and with that he walked back in the direction of the Gryffindor Common Room and Hannah and Susan dragged me back towards the Hufflepuff Common Room.

****

It wasn't just the day after the match that Harry Potter found his way to talk to me. It was everyday after the match. Our relationship, if you could call it that, had gone from occasionally talking to each other on the Quidditch Pitch during matches to Harry seeking me out at random moments of the day for small talk and today was no exception.

I made my way towards Charms went I felt someone fall into step with me.

"Hello Danvers," Harry said to start off our now daily ritual.

"Hello Potter," I replied.

"Is it true that you're going to Hogsmeade with Roger Davies this weekend?" Harry asked.

"Yes, although I don't see how it's a concern of yours." I replied.

"It's not. I just wanted to say be careful because he's rumoured to be a playboy." Harry said.