Breaking Barriers (Draco Malfoy)

Well done to those that guessed this one is about Draco Malfoy! Enjoy, my darlings!

****
(1993)

"Smith, for God's sake! Pay attention to the recipe!"

"I am, Malfoy!" I retorted.

Myself and Draco Malfoy had been Potions partners since first year. I was a muggleborn Hufflepuff and he was a pureblood Slytherin, we disliked each other but neither of us trusted anyone else in the class to work with, well, maybe Granger.

The potion now reached its desired pale pink colour under my watchful eye, so I put it into the vial, labelled it and handed it to Snape.

"Another perfect Potion completed by Smith and Malfoy!" Snape announced to the class. "You two may go."

I returned to the desk we shared and packed up before leaving. Snape seemed to tolerate me, and I knew it was because of Malfoy but I couldn't muster up the willpower to be bothered about it, instead I focused on my passion for the subject.

"Smith! Smith!"

"What, Malfoy!" I asked turning around to face the blonde who was running after me.

"Wait, woman, we have Transfiguration next," He said walking besides me.

"Doesn't mean you have to walk with me." I told him, flipping my brown hair over my shoulder and pulling my bag further up my shoulder.

"Stubborn woman!" Draco muttered before taking my bag as it started to slip down again.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm taking your bag."

"Yes, I know that," I said eyeing him suspiciously. "Why?"

"Because you keep on pulling it up every five seconds and it annoys me, this means that both of us keep our sanity."

"You confuse me at the best of times, Malfoy,"

"How else am I meant to keep you interested, Smith,"

"Again, Malfoy, with the weird behaviour!" I said with a sigh as the two of us continued to bicker on our way to Transfiguration.

****
(1994)

"Smith, I don't understand this," Draco whispered to me in the study session we had in the Great Hall.

"Not my problem," I whispered, not looking up from the Charms essay I was writing.

"Why don't you want to go to the ball with me though?" He whined, he'd been complaining since I'd turned him down.

"Because," I said pausing as Snape waked past us. "I'm a muggleborn and a hufflepuff and your a pureblood and a slytherin people would find it weird,"

"So now you buy into house and blood prejudices?" He retorted with a pout.

"Jesus Christ, Draco! Fine! I'll go to the bloody ball with you!" I said looking at him. "Happy now?"