Someone Like Me (Hermione Granger)

Well done to those that guessed, this one shot is about our favourite frizzy haired bookworm: Hermione Jean Granger! I haven't done a done shot her since the beginning of the book, so I thought that I would show her some appreciation! I hope you enjoy this one my darlings!

I tied my hair back before I made my way into the main section of the cafe. It was only a part time job, but it allowed me to read once I'd finished. I worked at the cafe of the local library. It was alright pay but I wasn't complaining.

I continued clearing up the tables as people came and went until I reached a table at which a busy, brown haired woman sat, no older than myself, her nose buried in a book.

"Would you like a refill, miss?" I asked, and expressive brown eyes met my own.

"Yes, please, a hazelnut cappuccino, thank you." She said with a smile, handing me her cup.

"Coming right up," I said taking the cup with a smile.

I made her drink watching her with fascination. She was reading Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare, yes, it was a play manuscript but his works were legendary and not many people I knew could read them in old English like she seemed to be.

I carefully took her drink over to her and placed it on the table she was sat at. "Can I get you anything else, miss?"

"No, thank you," She said with a smile.

"Is that the Old English version you're reading, or the translated one?" I asked quickly.

"Old English," She said with a smile, marking the page she was at and closing her book.

"That's impressive," I said watching as a slight blush appeared on her cheeks. "I don't know many people who can and I'm studying English,"

"Really?" She asked seeming genuinely interested. "Where?"

"St. Catharine's College, Cambridge," I told her and her eyes widened.

"Now, that's impressive," She said and it was my turn to blush. "I'm Hermione Granger, by the way,"

"Y/N Mason," I told her in response. "So, what do you study?"

"Politics and Law at St. Andrews." She said.

"Scotland? Wow, so I take it you live around here then?"

"Yeah, I do. A few roads down. I love a good book though, so you could argue that I actually live here," She said with a small laugh.

I was grateful that no one else decided they wanted to pay a visit to the cafe because I stayed chatting to Hermione for the rest of my shift.

****

It had been a year and a half since myself and Hermione had first met and we were now living together. It was so surreal to me that I had managed to get this gorgeous, intelligent woman to date me, but who was I to complain, only little was I to know that this wasn't the most surreal thing about Hermione.

Our car pulled up outside this house that defied the law of physics and I shot my girlfriend a confused look.

"What is this?"

"A friend's house." Was the response I got as Hermione got out of the car, I quickly followed her as she pushed the front door open. "Mrs Weasley, I'm here!"

A plump, redhead woman soon came bustling from the kitchen, a large smile on her face. "Hermione, dear, good to see you!" She said pulling her into a hug before she laid her eyes on me. "And you must be the girlfriend, Hermione's been telling us all about." I smiled and returned the hug, the kind woman now had me enveloped in. "Come through! Everyone's out in the garden." We followed her into the kitchen, but what I saw made me stop in the doorway.

Pots and pans were cleaning themselves. Food was cooking itself. Knitting needles were knitting. The clock had human faces on it. Utensils were flying around the room.

"Hermione!" I said hurrying outside only to see two wooden tables flying around as two redhead boys, one I knew as Ron, pointed sticks at them in order to have them bash against each other. I quickly spotted my girlfriend and made my way over to her, gripping her arm. "Hermione! What the hell is going on!"

"Magic. It's a part of me and I knew that the only way you'd believe me was with proof, so here we are." She said with a smile.

"So, the boarding school you went to for secondary school was a magic school?" I asked sitting down on one the wooden chairs that were out in the garden.

Hermione nodded, biting her lip nervously. "You aren't to freaked out are you?"

"I'll admit, this wasn't what I expected when you said Sunday Lunch with Ron's family, but as it is important to you, it is something I can get used to, eventually." I told her with a smile.

"Great, now if you'll excuse me. Ron! George! Stop flying the tables around! I don't want Y/N getting whacked on the head! Or anyone for that matter!" Hermione yelled out to them and I grinned, taking my girlfriend's hand as the two boys mumbled a 'sorry Hermione' and the tables came to a rest on the ground. Maybe this magic stuff would be pretty useful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
18 YEARS LATER (August 2020)

"I swear if that man asks me one more question about how the muggles handled the pandemic, I will kick him in the-" I said as we walked in the front door.

"Darling, I would appreciate it if you didn't threaten one of the ministry's highest officials." Hermione told me with a poibted look.

"It's not my fault, I find the man highly irritating! You're the one with the politics degree, dear, I was more than happy with my teaching job and looking after Rose and Hugo." I told my wife.

"Rose is 15 and Hugo is 13, they're more than capable of looking after themselves." Hermione reminded me as we curled up on the sofa.

"I know, but I miss them." I admitted. "Why does Hogwarts have to be all the way in bloody Scotland?" I grumbled with a pout.

"Why do you have to complain about everything?" Hermione said getting up with a smile.

"Hey!"

"Love you!" Her voice called from the kitchen.

"I love you too."

So what did you guys think? I imagine that after having to explain everything muggle to the people she cares about, Hermione dating a muggle would cause her a lot of relief at not having to explain how muggle things work at home. Also, do you like my female one shots? Please let me know! Also, just to let you know, the next three one shots are requests! So, as per usual, here are your hints!:

👦🏻⚡️🦁