Seasons Greetings (Draco Malfoy)

Happy Holidays everyone! Well done to those who guessed this one is about Draco Malfoy! I hope you enjoy!

"Y/N! Come down here!" My mother called up the stairs to me. I gave my room a final look before calling my house elf and heading downstairs.

My older sister, mother and father were waiting at the bottom of the stairs for me.
"Sorry I'm late. I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't leave anything behind."

"Don't worry, my love." My mother told me with a warm smile. "We're not meant to be there for another five minutes anyway."

I smiled at my mother, knowing that we always had impeccable timing, us Hargreaves are always on time.

"Now, my darling, this Christmas season will secure your betrothal to the Malfoy boy." My father reminded me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I know, father."

"We need ties to a prominent pureblood family unlike your sister who decided that our family's status isn't important by running off with muggleborn."

I gave my sister an apologetic look as our mother scolded our father.

"Right, everyone look sharp! Let's go!" My mother said grabbing the floo powder and passing it to me. I grabbed a handful and stepped inside the fireplace and let it fall to the floor.

"Malfoy Manor!"

In a swirl of green flames, I was gone.

****

I stepped out of the grand fireplace and was immediately had any soot brushed off me.

"Thank you, Draco."

"You're welcome, Hargreaves."

"We've been betrothed since we were two, Draco, you can call me by my first name." I said after greeting Narcissa and Lucius as the two of us made our way towards the grounds of the manor.

"Yes, but I like your name and you won't be a Hargreaves for much longer."

"Draco, we're being married after our 7th year and we're currently in the Christmas Holidays of our third."

"Exactly. Time goes by quickly."

I didn't say anything as we made our way out into the grounds because after all, Draco was right.

****

A few hours later and we were joined by Blaise and Daphne. The four of us sat down one end of the table while the adults sat at the other with my sister Sabrina, sitting opposite Astoria, Daphne's little sister, the two conversing about anything and everything.

"Is that really the right way to go about it Draco?" Daphne asked.

"What do you mean, the bloody bird's a menace!" Draco said.

"It was just a scratch."

Draco raised an eyebrow at me almost asking me who's side I was on.

"Seriously, you the insulted it and it attacked, if you'd listened you would know."

"Why would I listen to the oaf."

"You don't. You could have listened to me as that's what I told you before you stormed off into the pen."

"It's a beast!"

"It's an innocent creature!"

A throat cleared down the other end of the table and I turned to see the adults staring at us.

"Is everything alright, dear?" My mother asked.

I nodded.

"Please can I be excused?"

My mother's nod was all I needed to head out of that room to wherever my legs tool me.

"Go after her, you prat!" Blaise hissed once I had left and Draco followed shortly after me.

****

I sat on a bench in the snow, my fur-lined cloak helping to protect me from the cold. I was playing with the Bowtruckle that had emerged from the tree next to me when I felt someone sit next to me.

"Look, Hargreaves, I'm sorry, but can we not fight, especially over a Hippogriff." Draco pleaded, taking my hand that wasn't currently holding the Bowtruckle.

"Fine, but can you talk to me before calling for an innocent creatures head?" I asked to which Draco nodded.

"Always because I overheard my father talking to yours and they've secured our betrothal, so you are stuck with me for the rest of our lives." Draco said taking my other hand in his as the Bowtruckle had left.

I smiled. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

"So does this mean I get to escort you to the Malfoy Winter Gala tomorrow?"

"Always."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
23 YEARS LATER (December 2016)

"Scorpious! Stand up straight," I called out to my son from where I stood, ready to greet the people that would soon be arriving.

Scorpious continued to slouch a little but as soon as the flames lit green, his back straightened causing a smirk to grace my features.

****

Soon enough everyone was up and dancing having being fed and I was being gracefully led around the ballroom by my husband.

"So, Mrs Malfoy, enjoying the ball?"

"Well, preparation was hellish but I am rather enjoying this, although I wouldn't say the same for Scorp." I said and the two of us laughed at the sight of our son sat by himself looking miserable. Myself and Draco finished our dance and I made my way over to him.

"Come on, dear, humour your mother with a dance." I said holding out my hands, which he took with a smile and the two of us headed towards the dance floor and had a good few dances, smiling and laughing and overall, it was a good Christmas season.

I hope you enjoyed this one shot! I wish you all happy holidays and I will see you all in the new year. I just wanted to let you know that I'm planning on releasing a new book about James Potter on the 1st of January called Raison D'etre so keep a look out for that! Now here are your emoji hints for the first one shot of 2020:

👱🏼‍♀️🦅🧚🏻‍♀️