Dead Men Tell All Tales (Ginny Weasley)

Well done to those of you that guessed! This one shot is about Ginny Weasley! Thank you all for reading and supporting the book! It means a lot to me! This one will be a little different to the others I've written and you'll soon see why so, without further ado, enjoy!

I stood looking out at the students milling around the courtyard. It was the 1st anniversary of the Battle and students were paying their respects to the fallen or missing. Not everyone's bodies were found so they are presumed dead and added to the wall. That was what happened to me. No one could find my body. But I knew where it was. I knew what happened.

A few people paid their respects to me in the courtyard but only one person came everyday, the only person I cared about: Ginny. She was the reason I hid away in this remote corner of the castle, saying goodbye to her meant admitting that I had come to terms with death and life without her and I just couldn't do that.

****

It was now the Christmas holidays and all but a handful of students had returned home for the holidays, so I figured that now was as good time as ever to venture out of my secluded area of the castle.

I quickly found myself in the courtyard and looked around at all the floating images of various people: Lupin, Tonks, Lavender, Colin and me.
Hanging above my name and birthday was a moving image of myself and Ginny taken at Bill and Fleur's wedding, however, unlike all the images around me, mine had no death date. My fingers hovered over the empty space.

"We didn't know when you died, so we left it blank."

My breath caught in my throat and I turned to face the person who had spoken.

"Ginny."

The redhead gave me a small smile.

"Hi, love."

Me and Ginny stood staring at each other, tears welling up in our eyes.

"So what's your unfinished business?" Ginny asked.

"You." I said. "I thought if I said goodbye to you that would mean that I would accept death and therefore life without you and I can't do that. I don't want to do that."

"Barda, you've already accepted death, you just don't want to say goodbye to me." Ginny told me.

"So, don't make me."

"I won't but tell me one thing."

I looked at her, nodding my head slightly.

"When."

"14th March. Malfoy Manor. Greyback."

I told her, saying a little more than she asked for. Ginny nodded before pulling out her wand and pointing it at the memorial to me and soon the date appeared in the blank space.

"You'll never be able to say goodbye to me cause I'll always be here," Ginny said pointing at her heart. "Cause that's where you are."

I nodded with a smile, tears falling.

"I love you, Barda."

"I love you too, Weasley."

"You better be here when I come back."

"Where else would I be?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10 YEARS LATER - Ginny P.O.V (December 2008)

"Mummy, why Hoggy?" My two year old son Albus asked.

"To introduce your baby sister to someone." I told Albus and I held my daughter to my chest. "Harry, dear, can you stay with James and Albus. I won't be long." I told him before walking off in a direction that I had committed to memory.

"Barda?" I called out and soon she appeared. I smiled as I laid eyes on her once again.

"Another one, Gin, you heard of contraception?" She asked jokingly to which I laughed.

"Last one, I promise." I told her in response as she came closer to look at the baby in my arms.

"She's beautiful. What's her name?" She asked.

"Y/N, Y/M/N Potter." I told her and watched as her eyes widened and she looked up at me. "She's named after the first person I ever loved."

"Thank you." She said. "I'll took after her and her brothers when they come here."

"I know and I'm sorry for not visiting recently." I began but was soon cut off.

"Ginevra Molly Potter, you have just had a baby! I would have sent you right back home if you had!" She told me sternly to which I smiled.

"I still think that you Hufflepuff's should add stubborn to your list of traits." I said with a smile.

"If that were true, you should have joined me then."

The two of us laughed like always, making the best of this bad situation.

"I bet you she'll be a Gryffindor." She said looking at me.

"I bet you she'll be a Hufflepuff." I replied.

"If I win, anything the boys get up to you won't hear from me." She told me.

"If I win, anything the boys get up will always be heard from you."

With a nod of our heads our friendly deal was done and our attention returned once more to the baby in my arms.

11 YEARS LATER  ~ Reader POV ~ (September 2019)

"Y/N Potter." I watched with a smile as my namesake made her way up to the stool.

And I grinned as the hat made it's decisions, James and Albus shot me a grin from their respective seats at the Gryffindor and Slytherin tables as they knew that no mentions of pranks and shenanigans would be making their way to their mother as their sister made her way to the Gryffindor table.

I hope you enjoyed this one! Unfortunately, I think this one is the shortest I've done but hopefully you enjoyed it all the same. Now, here is your clue for the next one shot:

👱🏻‍♂️🐍🍏