Changing Events (Fred Weasley)

Well Done to those that guessed, this one is about the 'better looking' Weasley twin: Fred! Thank you all for reading and have a lovely day!

It was all over. Finally, the Dark Lord was gone, but so was my reason to live. I sat numbly by Fred's body. He'd been blown out of my life nearly two hours ago, I didn't know what to do anymore. It had been me, Fred, George and Lee for nearly nine years and now it was just me, George and Lee. Memory after memory flooded through my brain and I couldn't take it anymore. I got up, ignoring everyone calling after me, and walked away.

****

I walked around the remnants of Hogwarts, I walked and walked trying to get rid of the memories that reminded me if what I had just lost. They got louder and louder until they just stopped.

Silence.

Silence hit me like a wall. The early morning light covered the grounds in gold. I broke. I fell to the floor of the Astronomy Tower and sobbed, right near the edge. I don't know how long I stayed there for but eventually George found me, he pulled me into him and we sat there, tears staining our cheeks.

"What do we do, Carter?" George whispered.

"I don't know Georgie, I feel so empty." I replied.

"I've lost a part of me and I can't change it. There's nothing we can do to change the past few hours of our life." George said solemnly.

Change the past few hours of our life.

Change. Hours.

Time Turner.

My hand flew to the small gold chain around my neck. Perfect Condition. I quickly got up and ran out.

"Carter!" George called after me.

"Stay there! I'll be back!" I yelled out.

I ducked into the nearest broom cupboard, reached into my t-shirt, pulled out the golden chain and spun.

****

I stunned the first death eater I saw as I left the broom cupboard. I raced towards the fourth floor, I crossed paths with Green, pointing her in the direction of Hermione. I hurtled up the stairs.

One more corridor and I'm there.

Luck wasn't on my side. I spell connected with the left side of my body and I flew into the wall. I groaned as I got up to see the Death Eater's wand pointed at my face.

"Thought you could escape us did you, we're your family! You should be fighting with us for our Lord!" He growled at me.

"I am. Lord Harry James Potter! Now, goodbye Benito!" With a flick of my wand my brother went flying over the flight of stairs and headed in the direction of Fred.

****

I peered around the corner. There we were.

"Did I mention I'm resigning!" Percy yelled.

I pulled out my wand.

"You've got to be joking, Perce! I haven't heard you joke in-" Fred said with a laugh.

BOOM!

I ran off with a bewildered Fred standing at the end of the corridor with the rest of us safely on the other side of the wall. The wall that was to no longer take Fred from me.

I ran back up to the broom cupboard I originally left in before spinning the Time Turner to head back to my new reality.

****

I headed back down to the Great Hall and walked in to be immediately engulfed in a pair of familiar arms.

"Where have you been? I've been so worried!" Fred said looking at me.

"Making sure that there was no one lurking." I lied with a smile.

"That was something, huh." He said, looking at me.

"What was? The battle?" I asked.

"No, when that wall came down, it was like someone used a summoning spell. That could have killed me." Fred said thoughtfully.

"But it didn't, and we won!" I reminded him with a smile.

"And we," He began taking my left hand in his so that the shining ring that adorned my ring finger was visible. "Are going to get married."

I smiled at him. "I love you, Fred Weasley."

"I love you too, Carter." Fred said pulling me close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
14 MONTHS LATER (July 1999)

"Oh! Give her here!" Molly Weasley said once we had said our hellos as we walked in for the weekly gathering of Weasleys and Potters. I handed Molly our 6 week old daughter.

Fred and I had gotten married six months after the war had ended in October of 1998 and our daughter Evangeline Sophia Weasley was born nine months after that in June 1999. She was very young but the whole clan could tell that she would take after her father.

"Eva is going to be dangerous." George said from his seat on the sofa, holding his niece.
"She has your good looks and mine and Fred's killer charm, wit, personality, intelliegence-"

"Why do you get any credit for my daughter, Georgie?" Fred asked from next to me.

"Because she's mine now," George said before he ran into the garden holding Eva securely with Fred chasing after him.

I watched the scene around me with a smile. We were safe.

Thank Helga for University Open Days. It allowed me to sit and get this done. I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you for reading and here is your next clue:

🦁👩🏻‍🦱🐶

Also, do you want me to keep doing these emoji hints or not?