eight

I am so sorry I haven't updated in months I lost heart but reading your comments really motivated me so here I am hope you still want to read aha also do you guys want a cast?

Jude's POV

Up bright and early as normal on a walk I need to clear my head, I always need to clear my head. I put on my red oversized jumper and ran outside of my bedroom door and shut it as quiet as a thief on the run. Unwillingly I glanced momentarily at cardans door remembering for a moment the occurrences of last night. Why was he looking me up and down I looked scruffy as hell! I always do but I've accepted that now, ugly forever.

I made it to the grand (unnecessarily grand) doors and effortlessly pushed them open because well let's face it I'm not weak with practically carrying the entire kingdom on my shoulders for months. And slipped quickly and quietly through the door.

Fresh air hit my nose and swarmed my imagination like thousands of bees clearing my brain and restarting its programme. Crisp brown leaves crunches under my feet and I walked feeling the bark of the trees and drowning in the beauty of it all. So much had happened that I don't even dare think about my sister, Locke, Cardan...cardan a name and a person I don't let my strong will ponder over for too long. He's changing and I don't like it, he cares more less cold and I don't like it, now I have less reason to despair everything to the blood that coldly runs through his thawing veins and I don't like it.

I walked further and further, deeper and deeper into the woods hoping they would swallow me whole and up into a world less awful and demanding, somewhere I could relax and be with who I love. But really, who do I love for how do you love somebody who despises you and everyone despises me. I'm a human scraping my way into the faerie world grabbing on and tugging hoping there's some way of making me happy and making it work. Maybe I would be happier in the human world with regular folk wearing regular clothing and hanging out with my regular friends. There's no way I could do that now for I am neither faerie or human I am stuck in limbo between the two uncaring and confusing worlds trapped between clinging onto the faerie world but staring longingly at the human world. Where do I really belong and do I belong anywhere?

Sunlight warmed the back of my neck like a kiss and it was getting later in the morning, I can't be missed for too long, not that anyone would really care if I went anywhere. I went back to the castle, butterfly's releasing from my heart into my stomach, for some reason I always get nervous when I see the palace from the front even though I live there. An irrational phobia I know and I'm not allowed those and why would I need fear? What's the point in fearing when there's nothing to love?

Slowly I crept into the castle and back down that corridor into my room, again I glanced at cardans door and suddenly the door knob turned as if waiting for me to look or come to my door. I was intrigued then by this sudden movement so I waited, leaning up against the door frame for the monster to be released from its cave. After a few moments of waiting the door pushed open the reveal a bare chested Cardan smirking smugly and looking into my warm brown eyes with his ice blue ones.

"You decided to come back I see, you were gone for so long I thought u had left me," he said as he jokingly wiped away a tear.
"Haha very funny wow such a comedian cos you would've cared so much if your favourite human left boo fucking boo," I snorted.
"Awww don't take it to heart Judey your only my favourite human because I simply don't know any other of your kind, but I'm sure there are much more human (especially females) who are much more agreeable than you are my sweet," he gave a disgusting wink and I rolled my eyes to the sky.
"Again hilarious Cardan simply ugh you being so much joy to my day! Also agreeable? What are we in? A Jane Austen novel?" I asked sarcastically.
"A what novel?" He asked back genuinely confused.
"A human writer. Anyway as I said you do bring so much laughter and happiness to my day but I really must dash I've got a lot to do such as, oh I don't know, do the paperwork you can't be fucked to do or reply to letter you and be bothered to even read let alone reply! Imagine big King Cardan sitting down and writing wow that would be the day"
I turn around the enter back into the room when I feel Cardan move towards me and press up against my back.
"Oh I could bring much more to your day," he whispers into my ear sending chills running all the way down my body. I leaned my head back and he presses his lips against my neck and kissed it making me moan embarrassingly. I then felt him smile against my neck and swiftly struck arrogantly back into his room without a word. He left me standing still shocked from what happened and embarrassed from enjoying it because I melted on the spot when he kissed my neck, damn, he really is a professional player.