Chapter Two: There is never a wrong time for food!

"No, we're not!"

"Why not?! It would be so cute!"

Peter listened to the conversation in the living room from his bed, thankful for his spidey senses making it possible to pick up the conversation. It was going on for quite some time and it seemed like it would never end.

Aunt May was trying to convince Andrew and Tobey to have a double date with their girlfriends, Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy. Nobody knew why she wanted that, her only argument was that it would be cute.

Peter was starting to get a headache listening to them, so he jumped off his bed and headed for the living room. "Is the food here yet?" That seemed to get everyone's attention.

"No, but it should be here in a minute," said Tobey who then, frustrated, sat on the couch and crossed his arms. Peter just nodded and went to the kitchen.

"Are you seriously going to eat something when there's food on the way?" Asked Andrew in disbelief who was now joining Tobey on the couch, commenting something about the dinner date idea Aunt May was pushing onto them.

"There is never a wrong time for food!" Peter concluded as he was opening the fridge.

"I swear he can eat so much, but he's so small," said Aunt May quietly to his brothers. Peter could hear them all agree and chuckle, he rolled his eyes but smiled. He came out of the kitchen with some leftovers and two tuna sandwiches. He placed them on the table and started to eat, enjoying every bite.

"How are you going to eat that and the takeout?" Asked Tobey, secretly scared of his little brother's appetite.

Peter just shrugged with his mouth full and Aunt May answered for him "Never underestimate his hunger."

They all nodded, silently agreeing with their Aunt. Andrew broke the silence and complained "Why is the food taking so long? It's been two hours, I'm starting to wonder if it'll even get delivered today..."

"If you're hungry you could always go to dinner... With your girlfriends..." Aunt May suggested quietly with a smirk, not wanting to drop the subject.

Andrew and Tobey just groaned in response and looked at Peter. Then it was Peter's turn to groan in annoyance, he knew where this was going...

"Why don't you bother Peter and his non-existent girlfriend?" Asked Tobey while staring at Peter.

"Hey! I had a girlfriend... Once, maybe..." Peter said uncomfortably, he doesn't like lying, especially about stupid stuff like this. His brothers were just lamely shifting the attention off of the double date.

"Yeah sure, who was it again?" Andrew looked over to Tobey to correctly, "Was it Sandy from SpongeBob?"

Peter flushed in embarrassment, he used to have a crush on a cartoon character, and he wasn't proud of his five-year-old decisions but his brothers will never forget that. "Oh c'mon guys! That was ten years ago!" Peter defended himself.

Aunt May rolled her eyes but a smile crept on her face. "Now boys, don't fight, you wait for the food here and I will call the fast food place to see what the problem is, if there is one."

Everyone nodded and Aunt May left the room and went into the hallway. Tobey and Andrew looked at Peter in surprise when they saw him finish his last sandwich and move the plates to the sink.

"It's barely noon and you already stacked up dirty dishes in the sink, but it's my turn to wash them today," Tobey commented, annoyed, while Peter was coming into the living room.

"It's not my problem, now scoot over so I can sit" Peter simply answered.

"Well it's going to be your problem when I have a feast when it's your turn to do them, just you wait," Tobey said and squinted his eyes behind his glasses at Peter.