Chapter Twelve: Dude, this is bad.

"Glad to see you didn't pull an all nighter today" Aunt May commented as Peter entered the living room, already dressed.

She noticed how happy he seemed "Want to tell me the reason for your good mood?"

He smiled at his aunt and sat down next to her, he had plenty of time to spare "Today just seems like a wonderful day, that's all."

Well that and he saved his brothers yesterday, revealed a secret that's been bugging him and finished all of his homework just on time to have a good night sleep. Something that rarely happens.

"So, how's the first week of the internship?" Aunt May asked him as she sipped on her cup of coffee.

Peter shrugged but still kept his smile "It's going good so far, I met a lot of new people. Seriously, a lot. All of them are really nice to me. I really like my internship, even though it is kind of tiring. That's why I'm glad it's almost the weekend and I'll have some rest. I will miss it a little bit-"

"That's great to hear" Peter heard Andrew with a sarcastic voice.

Aunt May elbowed him but he didn't know what he did wrong "It really is great Peter, you have a bright future ahead of you."

She ruffled his hair, he didn't mind it this time. His Aunt definitely wasn't as annoying as Tobey or Andrew.

"We see who's picking favourites" Tobey commented, walking into the living room.

Peter stuck out his tongue, teasing his brothers and got up from the couch "I have to go now, see you all later! Goodbye!"

And with that he was out the door.

-

"Get out of my way!" Flash grumbled as he walked past Peter.

Peter got up from the floor, wondering what got into Flash. He usually didn't like making scenes in front of teachers. But here they are, in the middle of the hallway.

MJ was the first one to notice Peter, reaching her hand for him to get up.

"Sup' loser."

Peter couldn't help but chuckle at his friend's habits "Nothing much, so why are you here, I thought you had gym."

She shrugged "We had a sub, she let us go early so I headed for the cafeteria."

"Reasonable" Ned commented, walking up to Peter.

The three friends headed for the cafeteria, lead by the one and only, MJ.

"Save us our usual spot" Peter reminded her as he went to get his lunch.

She waved at him, he took it as a sign that she understood. Ned joined him but before they could follow Michelle his friend stopped him.

Peter turned around, confused "Why did you stop me, is something wrong?"

"No no, everything's fine" Ned put on a smirk and wiggled his eyebrows "too fine."

Peter was still confused "Dude, are you ok? What are you talking about?"

"Seriously? You and MJ were walking from class together" Ned tried again.

Peter got what he was taking about and chuckled "Yeah, and so did we, it doesn't mean anything. I was literally on the floor, you would've done the same thing."

Ned sighed "You have a point, but that doesn't mean you don't like her. I know you do."

"Like who?"

They both jumped in surprise, turning around only to see MJ.

"Weren't you at our table just a moment ago?" Ned questioned.