Chapter Seven: Looks pretty basic

Peter sat in the cafeteria, he was waiting for Ned to come sit next to him. He and Ned had plans to hang out after school. Ned had received a new Lego set and decided he needed to build it together with Peter.

Peter felt someone approaching him and raised his head to, thankfully, see MJ sitting in her usual place with a book in her hands.

"Hey loser, did Ned come to school today?" She said in a monotone voice, not lifting her head to look at Peter.

"Yeah, I'm just waiting for him to come over," Peter replied.

Just then he felt a hand on his shoulder as someone sat next to him. "Hey, Pete!"

Peter's eyes widened when he saw who was sitting next to him. "Tobey?!"

Tobey smiled at his younger brother "The one and only!"

"What are you doing here?" Peter asked, trying to sound casual. He was panicking, what if Flash saw him? What if Tobey found out? This can't be happening!

"That's not a nice way to greet your brother," He frowned but shrugged and continued. "Some kind of project for my college. I and a couple of other students were picked out to present something. I don't want to bother you with the details. I was trying to find you all day!"

Great. Peter thought.

He smiled weakly and apologetically. "I didn't know you were looking for me, plus you didn't tell me you were coming to our school!"

"Our school?" Tobey repeated and then looked at MJ. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't notice you there! I'm Tobey Parker, Peter's brother. And you are...?"

Peter raised his eyebrows at Tobey. He wasn't usually this extroverted but he didn't mind his brother coming out of his shell.

"Michelle," MJ replied and then added, "Are you the one who pranked Peter yesterday?" She squinted her eyes at him.

Tobey looked confused for a second but then replied "Oh no, that was all Andrew. I didn't even notice what he did until he explained it. But I guess being early to school wasn't much of a prank anyway."

"Hey Pete- Oh Tobey you're here too?" Peter heard Ned say from behind him. Ned was happy to see Tobey again, Peter and he usually hung out at Ned's place so he kind of missed the two brothers.

"Yes, good to see you again!" Tobey replied as Ned sat down on the other side of Peter.

"You too man, so Peter you coming over today after school?" Ned asked his friend, placing his tray to the side so they could talk.

Peter nodded. "Yeah, I can't wait, we haven't hung out in a while!"

Tobey then added in. "You haven't asked any of us if you could?!"

MJ snorted and Peter looked at her, but then replied to Tobey. "Why would I need to ask you?"

"Because you're our witlle little baby wabey!" Tobey mocked his brother.

Peter blushed in embarrassment as his brother ruffled his hair. "You're only eight years older than me! And when did you come up with that?"

"Just now," Tobey shrugged, stealing a piece of food from Peter's plate.

"Anyway," Ned began, moving the tray further to the side so he doesn't become Tobey's next victim. "When can you come over?"

"Can I come over after school, we could work on our homework at your place if you don't mind. I just have to get back before the internship." Peter stated, thinking about the time.

"What internship?" MJ and Ned asked in unison.

Peter then remembered he didn't tell his friends about it, how could he forget? "Oh yeah, that... I got an internship in Stark Industries."