Chapter Four: It's the end of the world!

"How was your day, Peter?"

Peter turned around and looked at his Aunt. She was in the kitchen preparing something. He just got home so he was basically starving, he hasn't eaten in two hours!

"Pretty good" he simply replied and went to his room.

He threw his bag next to the desk and sat in the chair. He had a long day, he was in the workshop with Tony for an hour, just working on the Spider-Man suit. In an hour they managed to get a lot of things done, mainly the web cartridges and the web shooters.

-

They were thinking of different ideas to improve the suit. Of course, Peter had a lot because he thought about the things he would want in his suit. That made their list of things to work on pretty long, but still not complete as Peter didn't want to overdo it, and they decided to work on the web shooters first.

Peter's knowledge helped them create a few different formulas for the web fluid. Some of them were too weak or weren't elastic enough. Peter obviously knew the exact formula that he used but he didn't want Tony to know that. There would be no excuse to cover for that.

"I see that you are quite good at this," Tony commented looking at Peter who was working on another formula while he made the web shooters.

Peter didn't really think about what he was saying and he just blurted out "Yeah my dad was a scientist."

"Oh really, so you're following your dad's footsteps," Tony said impressed, while getting back to work "He must be proud of you."

Peter stiffened at that "Yeah I think he would be proud too..." He managed to say.

Tony then realized what Peter meant by that, he stopped to think for a moment about what to say. He decided to change the topic to "So your brothers, are they also this good at science?" He remembered Peter mentioned something about that.

Peter chuckled quietly at Tony's attempt to change the topic, he could tell he wasn't the emotional type. He could respect that, obviously, he should watch what he says more. "I guess, they were both interested in the field growing up. Maybe I got it from then, it must be genetic or something..." He then turned to look at Tony "Is that even possible?"

Tony just lifted his hands in the air, almost done with the web shooter he was improving, "Don't ask me, you're the science one, kid, I'm more of a steel and robots type of guy."

"I guess you're right Mr.Stark."

They continued to work on the suit until one of them looked at the clock. They were so busy they didn't notice it was getting late. But neither of them thought it was a waste of time. Tony promised to leave the web formulas alone until Peter was here again, which Peter was thankful for. He didn't know if he'd have to tell Tony he messed something up.

-

Peter heard a knock on his door that brought him back to reality, he lifted his head from the desk "Yeah?"

"Dinner's ready Pete!" He heard Tobey yell from outside his bedroom door.

Peter left all of his stuff and went into the living room. Tobey was helping set up the table while Aunt May was finishing up in the kitchen and Andrew was writing something in his journal, on the floor. He was almost ready to go out to look for new material in his articles.

"Hey Peter, when did you get home?" Andrew asked as he got up, throwing his journal on the couch.

"Just now," he answered shortly and took a seat at the table as Tobey finished putting all the cutlery down. He was eager to eat something.