Chapter Nine: We need to talk

It was Thursday and Peter didn't know what to think.

He stayed up all night doing a physics project. He completely forgot about it and left it at the last minute. Since he was out patrolling, he really didn't have time for it. So he stayed up until three in the morning. Peter yawned as he left his room, he needed to get ready for school in about fifteen minutes. Risking a nap would probably make him miss an alarm and he did not want to be late. He thought it was enough time for him to grab something from the kitchen to eat and get energy back instead.

And, low and behold, there was everything he needed.

Coffee.

He reached for the coffee pot and decided he didn't need a mug.

He brought it to his mouth but just then a running Tobey stopped him, dramatically setting it on the counter "This" he pointed at the coffee "Is mine, you can't drink coffee anyway."

Peter groaned but he heard his Aunt chuckle from behind him, "Listen to your brother Peter, you're too young to drink a whole pot of coffee."

Peter just sighed and tried to reach for his brother's coffee mug, but was met with a hand. Peter didn't notice and just kept walking with his arms stretched in front of him, like a zombie.

He walked in place for a minute until he heard a tired Andrew enter the living room "What is going on? It's too early for this..."

Aunt May softly laughed, "They grow up so fast."

Tobey nodded while he blew into his mug so he could take a sip and they soon heard an offended Andrew "Hey! You're only a year older than me!"

Peter quit trying to get coffee and decided to drink something else, he opened the fridge and noticed Andrew next to him "Here, I got you something last night."

He took out a juice box from behind his back and smirked. Peter was too tired to say anything, so he just quietly sipped his juice while going to the bathroom.

He got ready easily and put on his backpack on his way out. Peter quickly said goodbye to everyone before going out the door.

-

"Dude!"

"No way dude! Dude?"

"Dude!"

MJ was staring at the two idiots who refused to speak almost any words except 'dude'. She didn't get them sometimes.

"Do you even know what you're saying?" She asked them after she finished another chapter of her book.

They looked at her like she was the strangest person in the world "Obviously, do you not understand?" They then looked at each other dramatically, realizing something. "She doesn't speak dude!" They said in unison.

She, for some reason, felt offended. MJ closed the book and looked at them seriously, like she was going to say something really serious and- "Dude."

Ned and Peter went silent but then laughed like a bunch of kids that they are, at their silly jokes. The moment was ruined when Flash came over.

"Why do you losers even bother going to school, you know my father-" he started but was cut off by MJ.

"Flash just shut up," MJ said sternly, rolling her eyes and turning away from the direction he was in.

He seemed surprised but, for some strange reason, left. He also looked disappointed that he couldn't say his awesome insult.

They wanted to get back to their conversation but Peter felt a hand on his shoulder. His Spidey senses didn't warn him, weird. When he turned around he saw why, it was Tobey.