Chapter Nineteen: He's a friend

"So what you're telling me is that you're not a pickle monster?"

"No!"

"So you are?"

MJ rolled her eyes at them, they were still bickering about pickles and at this point it didn't seem like a word to her anymore.

"What I'm saying is" Peter gestured with his hands "Pickles go better with this particular sandwich."

"Can you two stop arguing about pickles?" MJ asked them when she finally finished her sandwich.

Ned looked at her weirdly and squinted his eyes at her "You think this is all a joke?"

"Well, duh" she replied, making an 'obviously' expression.

Peter shrugged "Well do you have a different, better topic of conversation?"

"Anything is better than that" MJ said to him as she rolled her eyes.

Ned looked like he remembered something "I have a question, where do you get those science pun T-shirts?"

Peter shrugged "I honestly don't know, it might be an inside joke between everyone but they always get me these for my birthday, or Christmas. I didn't see them anywhere either."

"Where did they come from?" Ned asked to himself.

"Where did they go?" MJ added.

"Where did they come from Cotton-Eye Joe?" Peter finished, giggling to himself.

Their laugh was cut short when they noticed where they were standing. They somehow found their way to...

"School?" Ned looked at his friends, confused.

MJ looked at the two "Why are we here?"

They both looked at Peter and he put his hands in the air "I didn't plan this either, we just came here out of habit I guess."

"Our habit is going to school" MJ commented, she sounded disgusted with the fact.

Peter shrugged and sat down on a bench "What do we do now?"

Ned joined him on the bench, left with no ideas of what to do. MJ hesitated before sitting down as well, she tried to come up with something but nothing came to mind.

"We should really plan out things before hanging out" Peter commented, kind of weirded out that they never did anything like that.

Ned shrugged "It's more fun like this."

"I agree" MJ said, making both of the boys look at her, she looked at them weirdly "What? I can like things."

"I'm not saying that you can't, it's just  that it's not something you usually admit so easily" Peter defended himself, mumbling.

Ned looked at them with a smile "You know, we should hang out more often."

"If we can figure out what to do, that is" Peter commented, still thinking about something.

Ned shrugged "Like I said, it's more fun to come up with these things on the spot. You never know what could ruin our plans."

Peter furrowed his eyebrows "Was that pessimistic or optimistic?"

"Is there... Like a neutral way of thinking" Ned asked them.

MJ jumped in "Yeah, a realist."

Ned snapped his fingers "That's what it is, realistic."

"That just sounds better than saying that it's one way or another" Peter said, still confused.

Ned shrugged "Like I said, it's a neutral."