seven; hard knocks

FIGHTER(HARD KNOCKS)

FIGHTER
(HARD KNOCKS)

SUNNY AND HER PARENTS HAD stopped walking, for they were at the wheelers. Sunny's father raised his hand and gave three hard knocks on the door. So hard you can probably hear them from Canada. He stood for about five seconds before Ms.Wheeler opened the door. "Karen, oh how good it is to see you" her father said. "Hi." Sunny said to the woman about to walk away before her father grabbed her by the braid. "Give a proper greeting." He said looking her in the eye. Sunny turned back to Ms.Wheeler. "Hello Ms.Wheeler. How are you?" She said monotone, giving a slight smile at the end. Karen pretended to be happy when instead she felt horrible for the little girl. "I'm great. How are you sunny?" She said pleasantly. "I'm hor-" "shes fine." Her mother said, cutting her off.

Sunny walked in to see her brother sitting down with Nancy but no mike. She looked around to see Mr.Wheeler sleeping on a chair. Sunny rolled her eyes at the sight and walked up the stairs, plopping into mikes room. "Hey dude." She said giving a slight wave. "He- oh my god." He said, his eyes widening. "What?" Sunny said. "You're wearing a dress?" He said shockingly. "Fuck yeah!I'm wearing a dress." She said giving a slight smirk. Of course this was to cover up the fact that her mother forced it onto her.

"Listen sunny. So I need to tell you something, and you might wanna sit down." Mike said sadly. "Ok?" Sunny said back. She went over to his bed and sat down getting comfortable. "So what do you want to talk to me about?" She said smirking. Mike sat down. "Let me just ask you." He paused. "Do your parents hurt you?" He asked seriously. Sunny's demeanor changed from smug to anxious immediately. She could feel it, her anxiety raising quickly. She couldn't speak at all. She slowly took off her sweater to reveal her bruised arms. Now it was mikes demeanor that had changed. He looked shocked but weirdly disgusted?

"THATS HORRIBLE."

"I KNOW IT IS."

"AT LEAST YOU KNOW."