Prologue

"Would you believe me if I said I'm in love?" Bill presses, his eyes set on the girl in front of him. Of course he hadn't told her that he was actually in love, it was a joke to them.

But loving someone is never a joke. He wants her to want him. Oh god, he was so fucking screwed.

"Are you being serious?" Evelyn was staring at the rain soaked Bill in front of her. They had gotten into a fearful argument a few days ago that she could never forgive him for the things he said.

He pushed the wet tendrils of hair out of his face. Of course he was being serious, he wouldn't be here if he wasn't.

She was just so stubborn.

"I'm being completely serious, I love you. Only you. I want you. I need you." He chokes out, tears had already made their way down his cheeks. Bill clenches his jaw as Evelyn's face contorts into so many different emotions.

He had always loved her, he realized it later then he should have.

But he's busy, he's stressed. His mind has been clouded with so many thoughts he can't even think straight anymore. There was no possibility to.

And now he was standing outside her door, trying not to get soaked by the rain. He was screwing himself over with a girl that never liked him.

He regretted this so fucking much.

"You don't love me, Skarsgård, you fucking hate me. You called me a lying whore, a used slut, a cunt, how do you think this makes me feel huh? You got me up all night, thinking why I ever got involved with you. Manipulated my fucking emotions." Evelyn tugs on her hoodie strings, peeking back in the house to glimpse at the show she was watching, "Go away."

"Please, baby, darling, let me make it up to you." Bill reaches out, noticing the way she flinched and backed away, "I never meant the things I said. You accused me of cheating with Laney out of all people, you pissed me off. Fuck, I love you, please."

Evelyn couldn't deal with him anymore, their relationship was nothing but lies and cheap tricks. She never should've dated him, it was her mistake.

After all. every time they argued a few words were said and someone was storming out of whoever's house.

Bill was a model, and Evelyn was just a feeble intern, they didn't belong together. He should be with an actor, she wasn't pretty.

He seemed to think so but she wasn't at all.

"No, leave." Even she started crying, closing the door and locking it as he bangs on it with his fists. She sunk to her knees, hearing him yell in anger.

Evelyn could hear him scream, cry, throw a tantrum outside of her door.

Oh my god.

She wipes the tears on her pretty little face, disappointed when more continue to fall.

To reflect back, she never knew this would happen. The way Laney would eventually hit on him and he would give her boss disgusted looks.

The way he never was not loyal. He was always with her when he could be, forever and always.

Or sometimes he went out with his friend Evan.

Well.

What the hell was she going to do?

Right now, it was just horrible situation.

Perfunctory.