Steak and Whisky

It had been a long night for the sheriff, he had been going through paper work, reports, and crime scene documents. He had nearly fallen asleep when there was a light knock on his door. His eyes fluttered open and dragged himself away from his desk, to open the office door.

To his surprise, it was his partner, (y/n) her hair had been brushed out of her face, and her bright (e/c) orbs warmed his cold exterior, her warm and comforting smile was directed towards Bigby, and he couldn't deny the urge to smile back to his partner. She held up the basket in her hand,

"May I come in?" she asked kindly, she never liked interrupting her partner's work, but she also didn't like the idea of him skipping meals because he was so drowned in paperwork.

Bigby nodded and stepped to the side, to let his partner into his office. He could already smell the steak from inside the basket and he'd never admit it to the not so little red, but his mouth was watering just from the smell.

(y/n) shuffled some paperwork out of the way, into neat piles, and placed the basket down on the center of Bigby's desk. Bigby made his way around her, and into his own seat, where he moved the top of the basket and found the plate of steak that was to his surprise, still warm. But he felt a blunt, cool, glass aswell.  Wrapping his hand around the bottle, he pulled it out to examine, his favorite brand of whiskey.

Bigby glanced up at his partner with a raised brow. She didn't seem to notice or mind, she was staring at the papers and reading through them with pure focus. Bigby took the time to examine his partner.

She was wearing a brown leather jacket over a red v-neck crop top, her black skinny jeans clung to her body perfectly, and ended just above her hips. From where the desk was, he couldn't see what shoes she was wearing, but he assumed it was her red converse that went just above her ankles, or her knee high boot that had a gray fur lining the top.

Before he realized it himself, he had been staring at her curves, and her figure, her smell was intoxicating, her perfume smelt like roses, while her natural scent smelt of vanilla. He always loved when she wore her Rose perfume, it accompanied her vanilla scent nicely.

He felt a soft and small hand rest on his shoulder, bringing his attention back to the real world.

"Bigby?" (y/n) spoke up softly. Her small hand had been placed softly on his wide shoulder, and a face of concern over layed her features. Bigby chuckled softly and sighed,

"Sorry, I'm just tired. " he announced to her calmly. She let out a soft sigh before removing her hand from his shoulder, and reaching into the basket.

Where her hand had once left him feeling warm, was now a cool sensation of something missing, Bigby shook it off, and examined the meal Red had made him.

She pulled out a knife and a fork, and a glass, then set them up for her partner. When she had placed everything in front of him, he took the fork and knife and began to cut into his steak. She poured him a glass of whiskey, then pulled out a chair, and began to help file paper work.

When the warm steak had reached Bigby's mouth, he wanted to devour it all as quickly as he possibly could. It was divine, he had grown used to (y/n)'s meals, and it became the part of the day he would look forward to. She spoiled him, and he knew it, but it didn't stop him from eagerly eating whatever it was she had made him, whether it was breakfast, lunch, dinner, or these late night meals she'd prepare him when no one else would.

As he downed his steak, he glanced up at his partner, today she wore a light amount of lip gloss, it made her lips seems fuller and more plump, the shine that lightly reflected the dim light from his lamp outlined her lips to him, and he felt lost in her beauty. While she was still unaware of her staring, he glanced over her concentrated (e/c) eyes. There was a small amount of mascara, but he couldn't seem to pry his own eyes away from her (e/c) orbs that were so focused and determined.

A few minutes had passed, and Bigby had downed most of his steak, and half the bottle of whiskey. (y/n) was still filling out papers, and had even turned his typewriter towards herself to help write reports. It was now 5 in the morning and Bigby wondered how (y/n) seemed so awake and un fazed by the time. When he glanced up from his steak, to his surprise, he found his partner with her head in her crossed arms along the desk, asleep. He smirked softly, then got up and grabbed the blanket from the side of his office, that she had left for him a while back, and placed it over her sleeping figure.

Before bigby had even realized it, he was waking up on his own side of the desk.  The plate of steak, the basket, and utensils were gone, but the whiskey, the glass, and little red were still in his office. However, (y/n) was awake and filling out paper work. She seemed so lost in what she was doing, she didn't notice the wolf who had just woken up beside her.

Bigby glanced at the clock on his desk and noticed it was now 10:38 and he sighed, then stretched, catching (y/n)'s attention, "We have a meeting with snow in a few minutes " she spoke softly while still focusing on the paper she held in her hands, she stood up, still examining the paper then grabbed a mug of coffee and placed it in front of the wolf. "I figured you'd need a little energy for the day, and don't worry I made it myself, with no sugar, and no creamor, it's black and still steaming, just how you like it. " she listed off his favorite coffee to him while still completely distracted by whatever the paper was that she was reading.

Bigby took a sip of his coffee, and noticed that (y/n) had organized the papers on his desk into three piles, the other stuff on his desk had been neatly organized, and the whiskey she had brought him last night was sitting at the edge of his desk on top of a coaster.

"You do too much for me. " Bigby stated as he finished his sip.

"Maybe, but if I didn't, who would?" she replied as she placed the papers she held into one of the three piles.

Bigby watched her (s/c) hand as it placed down the papers. Her hands seemed so soft and warm. Bigby watched her move while he took another sip of his coffee. She seemed so soft and warm. He smirked softly at the thought of running his hands along her (s/c) skin then started coughing as he caught himself in his thoughts and nearly choked on his coffee.

"You alright?" (y/n) asked worried, as she walked around the desk, to take the coffee from his hand and examine him. Bigby was engulfed in her scent, and couldn't deny he was loving every second, her small hand gracefully made it to his hairy cheek, where she turned his face to look into her worried eyes.

"I'm fine, Red. No need to worry. " he smirked just enough to show his teeth, and somehow with just that, managed to calm her nerves.

"Be careful, wolf. " she stated, before going back to work.