Huff & Puff

Bigby breathes in the smell of the smoke from his "Cancer Stick" as (y/n) called it. She had always been one to joke about it with him, she knew why he smoked, and even if it never truly affected him, she knew how it affected her grandmother and her father. She hated them, but understood it helped keep the wolf from a sensory overload, and let him do what he needed to stay focused.

Bigby glanced over at his partner, she was sitting next to him. She still wore her v-neck crop top and black jeans, but she had removed her leather jacket. From this angle, Bigby could confirm that she was wearing her red converse. She had worn them the day she was hired as Deputy in fable town, on that day they were still clean, the white rubber around the edges of her feet, and the white laces that were tied into a perfect bow were still new, and hadn't been dirtied by the countless fights, crime scenes, and blood that they were stained by now.

"Bigby?" Snow Whites familiar voice reached his ears as he let out another deep breath of smoke. He glanced up at her and shook his head softly,

"Sorry Snow. Just lost in thought. " Snow sighed at his response, then began to talk about the complaints from other fables, and the reports of fables without Glamour.

"Wait. Say that again?" (y/n) spoke up. Snow glanced at her curiously then back down to her papers,

"Reports of an older man shouting at people, some complaints say he's been knocking on nearby apartments in search of his daughter?" Snow replied in more of a questioning manner than an answer.

(Y/n) seemed distraught by this, she grabbed her leather jacket that hung on the right arm of her chair, then made her way out of Snow's office. Snow seemed confused and concerned by (Y/n)s actions and turned to Bigby for answers, but he could only shrug in response.

(y/n) had grabbed the attention of a taxi driver, he pulled to a stop in front of her and rolled down the window,

"Where can I take you, little red?"

"Gingerbread Bakery, please. " The taxi driver nodded, and (y/n) hopped in the back of his yellow cab, before she could shut the door, Bigby had sat down next to her.

The drive had been silent, and Bigby was clouding (y/n)s scent with his cig despite the back windows being rolled down.

"What's with the rush?" Bigby finally spoke up. (y/n) couldn't tell if her partner was genuinely concerned, or if he was just trying to make conversation.

"The complaints that Snow was talking about? I had already gone over those last night, the description matches up, and if the guys going door to door still looking for his daughter, we might have a missing person case. " (y/n) explained while trying not to gag on his smoke.

Bigby nodded then put out his cigarette in the taxi's ash tray. "Alright then, " Bigby noted "But if we're heading to the bakery we should get some coffee as well. " (y/n) rolled her eyes playfully and laughed, "Alright, but you're paying for your own drink."

(y/n) handed Mr. Ginger The cash for the two coffees, then brought the two cups towards the exit and handed her partner his Black coffee.

"I could've paid. " Bigby said while taking a sip of the coffee, then nearly spit it out as he handed it back to her, and gestured to the one she held in her hands,  "That one's yours. " he made fake gagging noises at the taste.

(y/n) rolled her eyes then traded cups with him, "My bad. " she joked then glanced around until her eyes landed on the apartments next to the bakery,

"That's where the man has been knocking on doors." Bigby nodded and the two of you made your way to the small building.

As the two of you stepped into the building and glanced around at the poor state of the entrance. "It's quiet. " Bigby stated, lighting his Cigarette.

"You got another?" a hoarse voice spoke up from the side of the room. Bigby and (y/n) turned to find an older man sitting on one of the sofas. Bigby opened his pack of cigs and noticed there were only two left. Before Bigby could deny the man, (y/n) reached into her jacket's pocket and pulled out a new pack of huff & puffs and tossed it to the man. Bigby raised a brow at her and she shrugged.

"Have you seen a little girl with brown hair? Green eyes?" The man asked sorrowfully as he opened the cigs and frowned at the type they were.

"Your daughter?" Bigby asked, releasing a breath full of smoke. 

"Yeah...  She's my little ball of joy, me and her mother have been searching for her, her grandma passed recently, but she wasn't in her room when we went to go break the news... " he glanced up at (y/n), "She looked a lot like you." that'd when Bigby noticed he reaked of alcohol, the man had been drinking, and smelled alot like the trip trap bar.

(y/n) walked a little closer and sat on the couch across from the man, Bigby followed protectively behind.

"What's your daughters name?" (y/n) asked calmly, while pulling out her badge to identify herself. "(y/n)...  (l/n)... Deputy..." The man slurred her name, "That's my daughter's name... " he paused, "Not the last name. The last name is my last name. " he paused as if he had to think about it, "Hood.  (y/n) Hood. "

(y/n) seemed just as shocked as Bigby was, if not, then more so. "(Y/n) Hood?" she repeated as if what he said was the most unbelievable thing anyone had ever said to her...  It probably was...

"Yea, my little pride and joy...  My wife and I love her very much. " he noted right before hiccuping softly.

"Are you Trent Hood?" she asked, seemingly in shock. This surprised the man and he stared at her, "You're a great Deputy. " he complimented, and confirmed her thoughts. She glanced at Bigby who stared at her in confusion. 

"Little Red Riding Hood?" (y/n) questioned, this question seemed to relax the man, "Oh good, you're fables. " he let out a drunken breath of relief, "Yea that's my daughter. " he confirmed once again.

Bigby stared in disbelief and (y/n) turned to him looking for some kind of support. 

"Do you know who we are?" Bigby questioned the man, he seemed far to young to be (y/n)s father. Granted Fables aged differently, but even she grew up, Bigby would have assumed that the man would appear much older than he did now.

"I know Deputy (L/n)s name, but I'm afraid I don't know either of your fables. " Bigby and (Y/n) exchanged concerned looks.

"I'm deputy (y/n) (l/n). " she paused and thought over how to tell the man before her who she was, "I'm Little Red. " The man stared at her in pure shock and disbelief then turned to Bigby.

"Sheriff Bigby Wolf. Formerly the Big Bad Wolf. "