The Universe and It's Mistake

"Talk to me."

"I can't." The glamoured girl shot back.

(Y/n) glared now, "I am the only person you can talk to." She placed her hands firmly on the table and leaned closer to the girl, "So I suggest you start talking before I kill you off myself."

The glamoured girl's eyes widened, but she shook her head, "I'm going to die anyway... I failed to get the book."

"If you realize you're going to die, why not just tell me? You told my partner you wanted to help me, so help me."

The glamoured girl's brows furrowed as she shook her head, "I already told you everything that I can. I'm not glamoured, I really am you..."

The two women stared at each other in silence as (Y/n) sat back down in her seat, her glare never once faltering.

"Alright. Let's say I believe you. How does that work?"

"The doctor says it's dimensional. There's more than one universe... And he pulled us from others..."

"The doctor?"

"Who?"

(Y/n)'s brows knitted further together, "You said the doctor."

"No, I didn't..."

"Yes, you did." (Y/n) nearly spat.

"Did not."

A muscle under (Y/n)'s eyes twitched, "You're acting like a child."

"I'm acting like you."

(Y/n) was silent, her glare never faulting. They both stared at one another, not saying a single word.

"What is she doing?"

"Interrogating herself," Bigby answered. His own brows furrowing as he watched the two from the other side of the glass, "She can't stand silence, so if this girl really is her, the silence will break her much easier than-"

"The doctor is a witch- but we don't know her real name."

"You said 'we'. How many of you are there?"

"I'm not sure... There were 25 of us in the beginning, but the doctor killed some of them off for testing, and then separated us..."

Once again the room was filled with silence, but (Y/n) seemed to be thinking over something in her own head.

Bigby watched with furrowed brows as the two women sat in silence. He was trying to focus on the task at hand, he really was, but his thoughts travelled back to earlier.

"You- you love me?"

Bigby sat in silence, his own eyes widening.

They stared at one another for a long moment, (Y/n)'s eyes wider than his own. And both of their faces were heated, a bright red staining their cheeks.

"Yeah..." Bigby glanced away, releasing her arms as he covered his face with one hand. "Yeah, I guess I do."

"Bigs..." She reached out, her fingers gently brushing his arm, but before she could continue, they were interrupted by Snow.

"They glamoured girl is ready for interrogation."

"Did he confess yet?"

"Excuse me?"

"The wolf, did he confess?"

(Y/n) stared with furrowed brows, "Does that matter?"

"Did you know this is the only universe where you two get along?"

"What-"

"Every other Little Red that the doctor took couldn't stand him, hated him, for good reason too." The two glared, but the glamoured one continued, "The doctor thinks you're a mistake. In fact, the doctor thinks this whole universe is a mistake. The wrong outcome."

"So if the whole universe is a mistake, then why is the doctor only sending people who look like me?"

"Do you genuinely believe that?"

(Y/n) was silent this time, but her face gave it away, she didn't believe there were only clones of herself.

"There are so many different people who have been replaced. You and the wolf were just the next fairy tale on the list."

(Y/n)'s eyes widened as she glared at the girl, "Then why do I have this blood seal?"

"I-" the girl paused, "I don't know..."

(Y/n) paused and Bigby let the information sit within him. There were others. People had already been replaced- assuming anything this girl had to say was true- and Bigby and Red had no idea.

Who was real?

Who wasn't?

Bigby's brows furrowed as he glanced at Snow and black beard before turning back to (Y/n) who also seemed to be sitting with the same information.

"The man who's been going around claiming to be my dad?" Her brows furrowed, "He's real? Right? Not my dad, obviously, but one of yours?"

"Your universe is the only one where he died trying to leave."

(Y/n)'s eyes widened slightly.

"And it's the only one where our mom isn't still around."

"Is she here too?"

The girl who sat across from (Y/n) seemed to think over her next words, "Not yet."

(Y/n) nodded slowly before standing up. "Thanks for at least giving me some information." (Y/n) walked to the door, "When you feel like telling me where the doctor is, we can talk again. Until then, you'll be taken back to your cell."

Bigby met her at the door as it closed behind her.

"What do we do now, red?"

Her eyes met his own, and he felt his cheeks heat up again as the blood rushed to his face, "We find the doctor... "

Bigby nodded slowly, tailing after (Y/n) as she walked towards the main lobby of the building.

"And Bigby."

"Yeah, red?"

Her brows furrowed slightly as she turned to face him, "I care about you as well..."

"What?"

Her brows furrowed as she stared at him, "I care about you."

A small smirk came across Bigby's lips as he raised a curious brow, "Are you trying to say-"

She pressed her palm against his mouth, her face a bright red, "I'm saying you matter a lot to me." Her brows furrowed further as she glanced away, "I just... I like you as well."

A small smile crossed Bigby's face as she removed her hand, "Good to know."

Her brows furrowed again as she turned to him, "I don't know if anything that girl said is true, but I do know that this isn't a mistake. I'm glad you're in my life."

Bigby nodded, taking her hand and gently squeezing it, "We'll fix this."

"Together."