Flipping and Flopping

"Snow." (Y/n) sent daggers through the woman, "What the hell are you doing?" Tears pricked her eyes as she held the woman with short black hair against the ground.

"Let her go." Snow spoke in a low voice, "We'll give her Crane and she can leave."

"What the hell at you talking about-"

"I'd listen to her, Red."

(Y/n)'s attention snapped back to Bloody Mary, her brows furrowing. She dug her nails further into the fabric of the woman's shirt,

"You're insane if you think I'd just let you leave like that." She lifted the woman slightly by her shirt so they were face to face, "I'm going to make sure you face the worse-"

"(Y/n)." (Y/n) didn't turn or show any sign that she was listening to Snow anymore, but the woman continued anyways, "Let her take Crane and we can take Bigby to a hospital, where he can get the help he needs."

The girl's teary (e/c) eyes widened as she glanced over at her partner. She hesitated, but reluctantly released the girl and moved to the unconscious wolf's side. Her brows borrowing as she let her head fall. She listened to a pair of footsteps leaving before quickly disappear, then opened her eyes again to scan the wolf's face,

"Bigs?" She hummed softly. Her eyes scanning his unconscious face, "You love to make my job harder, don't you?" She joked lightly before moving to her feet and ordering Snow to help carry the larger man.

As Bigby lay unconscious in the hospital room, (Y/n) stared silently at the white wall in front of her. Her brows were furrowed as she recounted the events in her head.

She lost Crane, she lost Mary, and now she was worried about permanently losing her partner... No, now she worried about permanently losing her friend. When Dr.Swineheart exited the room, her eyes met his own and she stood to talk with him.

He held up his hand, cutting off her questions before she even started spewing them, "Bigby is fine." He spoke calmly, "At least, for now, he needs to rest for a while, but he won't listen to me, which is the only reason I'm letting you in there to see him right now."

(Y/n) nodded slowly before glancing at the door, when Swineheart walked away, she pushed open the door to see the big bad wolf himself.

"Bigs." She hummed softly. The wolf glanced up to see her and his whole tense demeanor seemed to relax.

"Hey, red."

(Y/n)'s brows furrowed slightly as she examined the bandages wrapped around his chest. Tears threatened to fall again, but Bigby spoke before she could let her thoughts wander too far.

"You just gonna stand there or come sit with me?" He patted the space on the bed beside him and she sighed softly in response. Hesitantly she moved to his side and crawled into the bed with him.

She sat uncomfortably, still feeling guilty for him being in this situation in the first place.

"Relax, Red, I'm not going to eat you or anything." She laughed softly in response before turning to him with furrowed brows,

"I'm sorry..." She mumbled. She sat in silence as Bigby's eyes scanned her own. He sighed softly, a small smile crossing his face before he gently took her hand in his own,

"Stop doing that."

Her brows furrowed at that, "Doing what?"

"Blaming yourself." He squeezed her hand gently and she felt her heart flutter, "You didn't do anything-"

"That's the problem." She turns her whole body to face him, her knees brushing against her thighs, "I didn't do anything. I let Mary and Crane go, and I almost lost you... And I didn't do anything to stop that."

"You didn't do anything?" He raised a brow, shaking his head with a soft laugh, "I think I remember you charging Mary after I fell down."

"You wouldn't have gone down if I had taken her down sooner-"

Bigby poked her leg, causing her to jump and let out a soft whimper of pain. "You were going to charge a woman with a loaded gun with your leg like this?" Her brows furrowed again as Bigby's eyes scanned her own, "Not many people try to defend the big bad wolf in the first place..." Their eyes met and (Y/n) found herself squeezing his hand this time, "Yeah, Mary and Crane got away, and I got shot. But, I lived, and I learned that there are people I can still trust in this world..."

"You learned that just now?" She hummed with a soft smile.

"I learned it a while ago, but tonight just set it in stone for me."

"Bigby..."

"I promised you'd always have me."

Their eyes locked as (Y/n) sat down her clipboard,

"And you promised to stop getting shot."

She smiled softly, her worried eyes still scanning his face. She silently wished that she could set aside his worries, that she could reassure him it was her that he was talking to, and she wished-

Bigby took her hand and tugged it. Her eyes widened as her face hit his chest. His arms wrapped tightly around her, she slowly wrapped her own arms around him and held him as close as she could as he buried his face in her shoulder,

"I'm scared to lose you." He mumbled against her neck. Her eyes widened again before she ran her fingers through his hair and rubbed his back lovingly, "I don't know what's real and what's not, and it's scary." He admitted again, (Y/n) silently listened, and when he didn't speak again she held him a little tighter,

"What can I do?" She hummed, pulling him away slightly as she cupped his cheeks and stared into his deep brown eyes, "What can I do to let you know I'm real, that this, right here, right now, is real?"

His eyes scanned her's, and while she tried reading the many emotions that danced within them, he delicately held her hands against his face.

They sat in silence, comfortable, understandable, silence. Bigby's eyes fell shut as he shook his head slowly, holding her hands to his face,

"Just stay here, with me..." She nodded slowly,

"As long as you need me to." She pulled him back into a warm embrace and ran her fingers through his hair. He wrapped his arms around her waist as she continued to hold him as close as she could.

Her brows furrowed slightly in thought, she had promised that Bigby would always have her, and now she was quickly becoming the center of all of his problems. As she stroked his head again, she chewed gently on her bottom lip. Sooner or later Bigby would lose all trust he had in her, and with all these people glamouring up as her, it was making that process a lot quicker.

"Bigby..."

"Yeah, red?" He mumbled against her neck, his breath warm.

"Do you..." She thought about her words before sighing softly, "Do you still want me here with you?"

He pulled away and scanned her eyes again, "What?" He hummed, confused by the sudden question,

"With everything going on, the glamours, the curse, just- everything, do you still want me here?"

He was silent for a moment before he held both of her cheeks in his hands, "More than anything, (Y/n)."

Her eyes widened slightly as she scanned his face, she loved his nicknames for her, she really, really did, but every time he said her name, her heart fluttered in ways she didn't know were possible, and her stomach flipped and flopped in the most wonderful of ways.

They stayed in comfortable silence for a few more seconds before Bigby spoke again,

"(Y/n)... "

She hummed softly in response, finding herself chewing on the inside of her cheek as her eyes scanned his own, "Yeah, Bigs?"

"You're..." His eyes scanned her face before his eyes widened slightly and tilted her head upward, "You're bleeding."