Chapter 11

Percy Stark

I woke up in a lab.  I was in a medical table with an IV in my left arm. The lab wasn't like HYDRA, it was warmer and welcoming. This lab was meant to help me, now break me down and build me back, just to break me again.

I didn't try to sit up, I could feel the fire like pain in my chest, it flared up as I breathed. I knew I had also been shot in my left shoulder, right leg and gut, but I refused to think about it. If I thought about it I would fell it and I was happy felling none of it.

I turned my head toward the door and saw no one, and it seemed the lab was empty. "Friday?" I asked the AI, "where is everyone?"

"In the kitchen eating." She answered, "Would you like me to alert them that you are awake?"

"Yes please."

Not even three minutes later Dad came in. "Hey Perce. How ya felling?"

I reached up with my metal arm and ran my hand through my hair. It was sort now, almost a buzz cut. "Alright. My chest hurts, and it feels like fire to breath but I'm alive."

Dad smirked. "Alive is good." I let out a small laugh that made the pain left. "Alive and safe is very good. For a long time I didn't know if you were either."

I don't meet his eyes. "How long was I gone?"

He looked at his watch and acted like he was thinking. "Well lets see, today is April 8th 2018 and you disappeared on August 18th 2013. That makes it 4 years, 7 months and 21 days." He let out a dry laugh. "Over four and a half years. I counted every day. I knew that everyday you were gone it was less likely you would ever walk through those doors again. But I never gave up. For over four and a half years I kept searching, and here you are."

Sorry if the number is wrong I did my best.

I hated to hear how much pain was in his voice. I could tell that everyday he had to make himself go on and keep living. Everyday he knew that if he gave up his chances of finding me would go from slim to none at all. So he kept fighting. He kept fighting for me.

"I'm sorry. I would of come back sooner, but I couldn't. It's a long story but I didn't even know who I was until four months ago. My life was taken from me and I had to fight to get it back. It took me over four and a half years to win." I could tell Dad was confused but I couldn't bring myself to tell him now. Not yet. "I promise I'll tell you what happened but I can't right now."

He nodded in understanding. "You wanna come down to the kitchen and get some food or something. Everyone is down there so you can see all of them. We also have some new people you can meet."

I agreed and he helped me out of bed. I got in a wheelchair and grabbed the IV as he pushed me to the elevator.

Steve Rogers

Percy arrived at the tower a few hours ago, and Tony hasn't said much about him. I was worried about what had happened to him, but thankful he was home none the less.

Friday notified us that Tony was bringing Percy down. A minute later tony rounded the corner and the first thing I saw was a metal arm.

"Bucky?" I said before I could really think it through.

"What did you say?" Sam asked me.

"Nothing. I just thought- never mind." I realized that the metal arm belonged to Percy. He was in a wheelchair and had his head leaned back slightly. His eyes were closed and it was clear he was in pain, but he had a small smile on his face.

The next thing I noticed was that he had multiple gun shot wounds. He didn't have a shirt on but he was was almost completely wrapped to cover the wounds.

After an awkward pause Rhodey said, "You missed your party. I hope you don't mind but we eat your cake." Percy laughed, but immediately took his metal arm and pressed against his torso.

He smirked. "I see your jokes still bring me pain Rohdey. You would think after being around Dad for so long you would be able to tell a decent joke."

Now it was our turn to laugh. I had forgotten how sarcastic he was. It was refreshing.

Tony cleared his throat. "We should probably do introductions." We all nodded and I elbowed Sam.

"I'm Sam. Steve forces me to be here." I hit him upside the head and Percy smiles.

"Wanda."

Tony smirks. "You kinda already know Vision."

"Hello Percy." The robotic toaster man said.

Perce gasped. "Jay?"

"Not quite. Your father and Dr Banner put Jarvis' consciousness into me, along with some other things. I am not Jarvis but he is part of me."

"Oh." Was all Percy managed to say.

I laughed, "Yeah oh. You hungry want anything?"

"Have any pizza?" He asked.

I laughed. "Are you asking, if Tony Stark had any pizza? Yes of course we have pizza. We always have pizza." Tony said as he got up to get Percy his food, "Do you want anything to drink?"

"Just water."

Percy had finished both slices of pizza in under five minutes. "Damn kid I forgot how fast you could eat!" Clint remarked.

"Thanks." He started coughing and reached over to get his glass of water. Once he drank some he immediately looked better. And not like the oh he stopped coughing better like he sat up straighter and didn't look like he was in as much pain.

For the next 20 minutes we all just sat around taking about different things. We filled Percy in on some of the stuff he missed, but he did t say anything that happened to him.

Percy's wheelchair was sitting next to the couch with an end table between them. At one point Tony, who was at the end of the couch, was telling a story and waved his arms in a white arch. His arm hit Percy's glass of water and spilt it on Percy's lap.

But it never reached his lap. The water froze about two inches above his lap and the floated back into his cup. We all stared at him in shock and confusion.

"I guess I should probably explain that." He said with a sheepish grin.

Sorry if this was ooc I didn't really know how to write this part.