Moving on

It's been three weeks since I lost my last patient, It's been tough but my colleagues have been very supportive about it. Cuddy even offered me some time off, I of course said no, just because one patient passed doesn't mean more need to die because i'm not there to help them. Tonight I just wanted to relax on my couch while watching netflix. I walked into my house, threw my clothes in a little pile by the door, changed out of my uncomfortable work outfit and put on some sweats from roots and my baggy star wars T-shirt.

I slumped down on my couch and turned on Friends. I went into the kitchen, I didn't feel like cooking tonight so I made myself a peanut butter sandwich with some cheeto puffs on the side. I grabbed my "dinner" and sat back down on the couch when I got a call from Wilson.

"Hey" I said

"Hey King, How you holding up?"

"Im fine"

"Ok, it's just... You seem a little out of it lately, I know its because you lost your patient and that's horrible but if you ever need anybody to talk to just let me know ok"

"I will, thanks Wilson"

"No problem, ill let you get back to your night now. Just calling to let you know i'm here if you need anything"

"Thank you, See you tomorrow"

"See you tomorrow, King"

That was really sweet of him to check in on me but I really was fine, Right now all I needed was a good nights sleep. I put away my dishes and turned off the TV. I brushed my teeth, crawled into my bed and slowly drifted off.

I woke up feeling refreshed and happy, today was going to be a good day. I got out of bed and took a nice long shower, I then got out and dried my hair. I went to pick out an outfit, A purple blouse and some black pants. I wanted to put some actual effort into my outfit rather than picking the first thing I find on the floor of my closet. I walked to the bus stop and waited patiently for the number 5 bus, I didn't live far from the hospital so I felt no need to drive.

I arrived at the hospital and walked into the locker room to get my lab coat when I saw Chase.

"Somebody looks happy" He said clearly noticing the smile on my face

"I guess I woke up on the right side of the bed" I said cheerfully and walked out

I walked over to the pharmacy to pick up some vicodin for House, I know it's not my job to do so but I just thought it could help ease his nerves which would make him easier to deal with.

"Good Morning" I voice said behind me

It was Cuddy

"Good morning, Cuddy" I smiled

"You seem happy" she said

"I guess so, I just feel like its gonna be a great day" I said

"Why are you picking up vicodin?" she asked

"It's for House, I figure that if I give him some Vicodin to take the edge off he will be less of an ass"

"If that actually worked we would all be doing it" she said

"How about morphine, would that shut him up" I asked jokingly

"I wish" she said

"So, has House picked a new case yet?" she asked

"Nope, lately we've been going through a dry spell, I guess New Jersey is finally getting healthy"

"Here, take this upstairs" She handed me a patient file

"whats this for?" I asked

"If House can't be a big boy and pick out his own cases I'll so it for him"

"Ok, Ill take it upstairs"

I walked upstairs and entered the office, most of my colleagues were already in there, did they all come in early or something?

"Why are you guys here so early?" I asked

"House paged us, we've been waiting here for hours and he still hasn't arrived" Said Chase

"Jeez, you spend enough time with House to have Stockholm syndrome" I said

Then House walked in

"House why did you page us at 4 in the morning" Taub asked

"Oh, must have been a butt dial" he said and shrugged

"Where's Kutner?" House asked

"He said he'll be in later, his dog is sick" said Foreman

I then remembered the case Cuddy assigned to me

"Cuddy gave me this file, it's a case" I handed the file to House

"36 year old male with head trauma... blah blah blah, get me an actual good case" He said and threw the file at Taub. He managed to catch it but in attempt to throw it back at House he lost balance and fell off his chair.

"Loser" said House

Taub got up silently, clearly embarrassed. The room went silent for a minute

"Well, is we're not going to do anything I'm gonna go finish up my clinic duty" I said and got up.
I went downstairs and spent a good couple hours at the clinic. Nothing big, one patient did start crying when I told her she was pregnant but asides from that it was fairly mellow. Once I completed my hours I went back up to the office to see if House had gotten us a case yet.

"Got anything?" I asked

He stayed quiet

"Where the hell is Kutner?!?" He finally spoke up

I actually didn't know, he said he would be in at around 10 but it was now 1 a-clock and still no Kutner.

"Chase and King, go to Kutners apartment and check on him" said House

"Can't we just give him his privacy?" I asked

"Privacy is overrated, unless you're having sex, then the only people that can watch are other hookers" he said and got up

"Do you think he's capable of talking like a normal human being?" Asked Chase as house left the room

"Doubt it" I replied

"Let's get going, the sooner we check on Kutner the sooner we can come back and do..... absolutely nothing"

I laughed and put on my coat, it was fall so it was a little breezy. We walked downstairs and got in Chase's car. We then started driving to Kutner's apartment.