No reason

We got to Kutner's apartment.

"Doors locked" said Chase as he tried to turn the doorknob. I reached into the pocket of my jean jacket and found the key Kutner had given me last fall when he wanted me to feed his dog while he was on vacation.

"I've got one" I said as I pulled it out of my pocket

"Why did he give you a key and not me?" Chase asked

"I guess he just likes me better, than you" I smiled and opened the door

His apartment had video game posters on the walls, toy robots on the shelves, and 3 playboy magazines one the coffee table. It was truly any 14 year old boys dream.

"Wow, this is man boy heaven" said Chase

"I know right, I would have thought a teenage boy designed it, not a thirty one year old man" I replied

We looked around the apartment a bit more, just making dumb comments on little trinkets we found in Kutner's house, he really is a man child. We jokingly looked around until I saw something peering out the bedroom door, it was someone's legs but who was laying down on the bedroom floor... CRAP!

I ran over to the bedroom and looked down. It was Kutner... with a bullet in his head and a gun in his hand.

"CHASE!!!"

Chase ran in and gasped.

"Holy shit, Holy shit. Check for pulse while I call the cops"

I knelt down and checked for his pulse... nothing.

"I GOT NOTHING" I said as I started performing chest compressions

"I NEED AN AMBULANCE AT 122 BURKLEY STREET UNIT 16. 31 YEAR OLD MAN WITH A GUNSHOT WOUND TO THE HEAD!" Chase almost screamed into the phone

Blood was now seeping through my white pants. I knew he was gone but I kept going, I couldn't stop the chest compressions now. Kutner and I have been friends for years. I kept pushing on his chest until Chase grabbed my hand.

"King, he's gone" he told me, I didn't care.

I needed to keep doing this.

I needed to keep trying.

I needed to hold on the the little bit of hope that this would save him.

"King, stop" Chase said.

I finally took away my hands and looked down at his body. He looked pale and empty. Emotionless.
Chase and I just sat there.
Next to Kutner's bed.
There was nothing we could do until help arrived.
We waited for a minute...
Then two.
Then after about 6 minutes the paramedics came barging in.

The grabbed Kutner's body and layed him out on the stretcher. They put on their gloves and started examining the wound. It was clearly fatal. Even if I didn't want to believe it, I knew Kutner was gone. All I could do was watch, It was all a blur, the past few hours I don't even know how long I've been here.
I just sat and waited
For a while
Then finally a detective approached Chase and I.

"Hello, my name is Detective Pembrook. I need you to tell me everything that happened." She smiled, she seemed sweet but I wasn't ready to talk yet so I just stayed quiet. Chase eventually spoke up.

"We just walked in and found him laying here" he said then went back to his own thoughts. After a few hours of examinations we were escorted back to the hospital, we weren't allowed to leave Kutner's apartment until the cops could rule this as a suicide. We walked into the hospital, unaware of where to go. The case workers said that they would let everyone know once we got to the hospital and within minutes our coworkers were hugging and comforting us. I still felt nothing, I hadn't even cried yet, I was still in shock. I didn't understand why we were the only ones getting hugs and comfort, it wasn't just our loss. I was getting hugs and comforting words from left and right but I noticed none of them.

"King, I'm so sorry. I can't believe you had to go through that" said Wilson as he gave me a hug. At that point it all really sunk in, everything that happens today was finally eating away at my last bit of strength. I finally gave up and let it all out, I started crying into Wilson's shoulder. I couldn't hold in my emotions anymore. I stood there for what felt like forever even though I know it was just a few seconds.

"I'm sorry, everything is just hitting me now" I said

"It's ok, you should get some rest" He said sweetly

"I will, I'm just confused. I don't understand why he did it" I said

"Nobody does, it just happend"

"But I should have seen the signs" I said

"King, this isn't your fault. Over 25% of suicidal people don't show any signs"

I nodded my head, hoping that was true.

"I'm gonna head home and go to bed" I said

"Ok, I'll se you later." He said

"Bye" I said as I walked out of the hospital

"Goodnight"

Sorry this chapter was so short, be sure to leave requests in the comments. :)