A long road to recovery

I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling going over the events that have happened today. I couldn't even wrap my head around it. Why did Kutner do it? He was a doctor with friends, parents, a girlfriend, money, why would he throw that all away?

I still couldn't understand so I just kept playing it over and over in my head like a broken record player. I eventually drifted off, to tired to keep playing it over again. I dreamt about it, still just playing it over and over again.

I woke up still tired considering I finally dozed off at 4am. I walked to my shower and got in, I stood there for awhile with the hot water streaming down my tear stained face. I wanted to stay here forever, just washing all of my problems away but I knew I couldn't I needed to get on with my day, my life. I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself. I walked into my closet and got dressed, just some simple grey pants and a white turtleneck. I made myself a coffee and just sat there. I had a half day today so I didn't need to be in by 1:00, even with the half day I still didn't want to go in. At around 3:00 I decided to go in. I wasn't in the mood to take the bus so I got into my navy blue Audi Q3. I drove to the hospital and pulled into my spot. I walked into the locker rooms and looked in the mirror. My makeup was uneven and my hair was in a messy bun. I put my things into my locker and grabbed out my lab coat. On my way to the clinic I ran into Cuddy.

"How are you doing?" She asked me with a caring smile

"I don't even know, I haven't even wrapped my head around it yet"

"I hired a grief counsellor for you guys" She said

"I don't know if I'm really ready yet" I said

"Ok, would you like to take any time off, anything you need I'm here to help" She said

"Thank you Dr. Cuddy but I'll be fine, I'll tell you if anything comes up" I said as I walked away to the front desk. I told Dr. Cuddy that I was ok but I don't think that's really the truth. I grabbed a patient file and read it over, right as I was about to call the patient I got a page to go up to the office.

I walked in and my team members were there... except Kutner. I sat down quietly, nobody said a word. House examined us, almost as if he was trying to read our minds, he probably was.

"Ok, Kutner's dead, I know it's sad but we have a case" said House

"House, now isn't the time" said Foreman

"Yes it is, it's the time for a case, stop this... thing you're all doing" House replied referring to us not speaking

"House we're sorry but some of us are capable of human emotions"

"But we have a case" he whined

"House, shut up!" I finally spoke up

"What, I'm your boss and I'm telling you we have a case" he said as everyone looked at me appalled

"I don't care, Kutner's dead and you're being an ass. Can you just stop for a minute and be a decent human being" I said and walked out. I didn't know where I was going but I knew I needed to leave before I had some kind of psychotic break.

"King, wait" I heard a voice say, I turned around to see that my colleagues followed me out

"I'm going to get fired aren't I?" I said

"No, you're not" said Foreman

"Why?" I asked

"I've worked with House long enough to learn that he respects people who stand up to him" He replied

"Yeah, I sure hope that's true" I said

"You should probably talk to somebody, it might help" said Taub

"Who?"

"Well... Cuddy, Wilson they're both good listeners, I'm sure they wouldn't mind you stopping by"

"I will, thanks you guys" I said as I walked away. I wasn't sure where to go so I decided to go to the doctors lounge.
I walked in and saw Dr. Wilson sitting on the couch watching some Spanish soap opera, he clearly didn't understand what was going on, I mean... I've seen him try to speak Spanish before, it was a disaster.

"Dr. King" he looked up and smiled

"Hey" I said and walked in, I sat down on the couch a few seats away from him

"I didn't expect you to come in today" he said

"I decided to throw myself into work to get rid of the pain"

"Oh, ok everyone deals with grief in their own way" he said

"I also called House an ass"

"Now that I've never seen before"

"I was told I wouldn't be fired but I'm not so sure, I came here to enjoy my last few minutes of having any affiliation with this hospital"

"Please, he would never fire you. You're the only nephrologist on his team"

"There are thousands of nephrologist who would kill to work with House, I'm sure he could find another with even better qualifications"

"You'll be fine, he would never fire you"

"What are you basing that off of?"

"None of us would let him, we could never let you had fired"

"Thanks... so whatcha watching?" I said as I leaned into the couch and stared at the TV

"el joven e inquieto" he said

"I'm 100% sure you said that wrong"

"And how would you know, do you speak Spanish?"

"Do you?!?" I asked

We both laughed. We sat there for awhile, just talking about nothing in particular. We just sat there watching el Joven e inquieto. I looked at my watch it was 7:00 but I didn't want to go anywhere. I stayed for another hour... then another eventually I started to get tired and dozed off

"Goodnight" I said

I heard no response so I looked over to where Wilson was sitting. He was passed out on the couch, I smiled and turned back around. I closed my eyes and finally fell asleep.

Wow almost 90 reads that's awesome.
Thx for reading ❤️❤️❤️