Paris Part Three

*I just started Strabger Things season three and may I say, it's crazy. Do you know what's also crazy? This book. It's blown up in the past week so I'd like to say thanks to all the people who've read and voted for it. I would also like to thank JK Rowling for writing the Harry Potter franchise because without her, this book wouldn't exist.*

*If you have any questions or requests just ask. Also I love internet trolls so if you like being a troll, show your true colors. It entertains me.*

Draco loved waking up next to Hermione. Hermione usually woke up first after their occasional slumber parties and when Draco did get the chance to watch Hermione sleep, in a non creepy way of course, he got to marvel at her. She was beautiful, absolutely beautiful, even now. She didn’t have an ounce of make up on her face and most of her body was wrapped up in soft cotton sheets. No matter what, Hermione slept with her curly hair in a high pony on the top of her head. The rise and fall of her chest went in a steady rhythm and her face looked completely relaxed. 

Hermione stirred and Draco bit his lip. Even though it was extremely tempting, he didn’t want to wake her up because they had plenty of time to go on with their day. She stirred again and snuggled deeper into the duvet. Draco gave into the temptation and peppered kisses onto Hermione’s exposed shoulder. A small smile found its way onto Hermione’s face and Draco’s lips moved towards her neck.

“Goodmorning,” she whispered in a low raspy tone.

“Goodmorning, Love. How did you sleep?” Draco wrapped his arms around her bare waist and continued to cover Hermione with kisses.

Hermione turned to face Draco, “I didn’t sleep much.”

“I wonder why?” Hermione untangled herself from Draco’s arms and got up to stretch. Draco missed her warmth but he enjoyed the view, “You’re making it really hard for me not to pull you back into this bed.”

“I’m taking a shower if you’d like to join-” Before Hermione could finish her sentence, Draco scooped her up and walked into the bathroom.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

Hermione and Draco spent the rest of their trip enjoying quality time together. They walked up and down the city streets, visited little shops, culture filled museums, and ate the most delicious food. They decided to spend their last night in the city of love at an extravagant restaurant Draco recommended. Well, the concierge recommended it because Draco couldn’t speak the suposed language of love and he also hadn’t explored much of Paris outside of it’s lively wizarding community. The muggle world waas still new to him so this trip was refreshing, he just hoped Hermione wasn’t disappointed at their lack of magical excursions. 

Hermione raised her wine glass for a toast, “To the future.”

“To the future,” Draco touched his glass to her’s then smiled. Draco looked forward to their future and this trip only made him appreciate Hermione more. She loved the little things he did for her and she didn’t take this trip for granted. She had admired every piece of art they saw and her eyes seemed to sparkle whenever they met his. Even though this trip was a bubble of pure bliss and they had to return to their lives the next day, it was a perfect retreat for them. Draco wanted to make up for not going out much with Hermione. They went to cafes and parks but Draco often objected to more exciting outing because he didn’t want people to look at them together and think any less of Hermione. She’s worked too hard in her life to have my shitty image fuck it up, Draco thought.

“Thank you, Draco, for this trip. It was exactly what I needed,” Hermione said, “I didn’t realize how much stress I was under until it was gone.”

Draco reached across the table and rubbed circles into Hermione’s palm, “That’s why I’m here, to save you from yourself.”

“You’re one to talk.”

“Care to elaborate?”

“I know you still struggle with your past. I don’t blame you for it and I know it’s going to take some time for you to truly believe me when I say you were not responsible for your actions during the war.”

Draco took a long sip of his wine and looked away from Hermione, “I did some awful things, Hermione. I can’t take them back and I don’t know how to make up for them; I don’t think I can make up for them. I just don’t want to ruin your life with all of my baggage. You didn’t choose to be with me and I just want to make up for it.”

“Draco, look at me.” Hermione’s brown eyes bored Draco’s silver ones, “I don’t care that we’re together because of the law. If you were the same arsehole from school then, yes I would have avoided you like the plague but you’ve changed. Your past doesn’t define you. You don’t have to bribe me with extravagant trips to try to compensate for it. I love you and I want to be with you.”