Hearth and Home

*I spent my entire day moving and holy shit I'm tired but luckily I pre wrote a couple chapters so HA take that universe I'm on top of my game. Also thanks for the reads and votes the book reached first in Dramione and first in Hogwarts my mind was blow. What also blows my mind is how one person, JK Rowling, wrote an entire universe. All right go to that amazing woman.*

This was Draco and Hermione’s first big fight. They’re had a few verbal disagreements here and there but this was a full on brawl. Hermione though they’d already settled this argument weeks ago but apparently, they did not.

“Draco for the last time, we are not buying a house. We’ve only been dating for less than a year,” Hermione said in an irritated tone.

“We’ve been dating for eleven months just humor me and come look at the house before it goes on the market.”

“We are not buying a house.”

Draco grabbed Hermione’s hands and looked into her eyes, “We don’t have to buy the house, I just want you to see it. It’s everything we could ever want and more.”

“If I promise to just look at it, can we drop the subject until we hit the one year mark?”

“Will you promise to give the house a chance?”

“Yes, Draco I’ll give the house a chance.”

“I won’t bring up buying a house until the one year mark.”

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

Okay, Draco may have been right about the house. It was absolutely perfect. There was dark hardwood flooring, a fully updated chef's kitchen, six spacious bedrooms with walk in wardrobes and their own ensuites, plus a large garden but that wasn’t the best part. The best part was the home was the library. It took up the entire fourth floor of the five story property and it was absolutely gorgeous. Floor to ceiling bookshelves, a grand piano, and a great view of London. The property was located in the safe upscale neighborhood of Chelsea right next to a lovely little park.

“This is a perfect family home, if you two plan on having kids,” the realtor said with a plastic smile.

“What’s the listing price?” Draco asked.

“Fifteen but the owner is willing to go down to twelve because you helped him find that vacation home in the maldives. He wants an answer by tomorrow.”

“We need to discuss this but we’ll have an answer in a few minutes,” Draco took Hermione’s hand and led her into the garden so they could talk in private. “Do you like it?”

“Of course I love it, it’s perfect and there’s room to grow. It’s walking distance from a park and some of the best primary schools in the country and blimy don’t even get me started on this garden,” Hermione gushed.

“So that’s settled, I'll write the check.”

Hermione grabbed Draco’s wrist, “Not so fast. I’m still apprehensive about this.”

“Why, the house is perfect and it’s not like we can’t afford it-”

“Draco, this house is nearly sixty times my yearly salary and we just spent millions in a hotel that hasn't opened yet.”

“If there is one thing my parents did right it was give me a hefty trust fund. Plus I get twenty percent commission from each property I sell and a broker’s fee. I have more money than I know what to do with and if I can’t spend it on my family, what’s the point.”

“I don’t want us to move in together until we’re married,” Hermione pleaded.

Hermione knew this was the best thing they would do for the longevity of their relationship. Statistically speaking, couples who move in together after they get married, stayed together longer. She wanted her relationship with Draco to last forever and if experts say living together after their vows was the best option, she would do just that.

“We don’t have to live in it now, we can wait until we’re married.”

“We aren’t even engaged yet, and you want us to buy a house.”

Draco grabs Hermione’s hand and got down on one knee, “Would you like me to propose now? I don’t have the ring on me and I still need to ask your parents.”

“Will you get off of the ground please? You’re getting rubbish on your suit.”

“Can we buy the house?” Draco said with wide puppy dog eyes.

“Yes-” 

Draco picked up Hermione, spun her around, and peppered her face with kisses, “Thank you, thank you, thank you!”