Competing with Boys (10)

Yay!! Uploaded another part and it didn't take like a whole month! Yippee for me! Anyways thanks for those who stuck by me and I'm sorry again (like always) but this is short and pretty uneventful... actually, the next few uploads might just be kinda boring since my semester is about to end and im prepping for finals and it's really stressful since i have the WORST memory and can't remember a lot of the stuff i learned... plus, im not feeling too well :( first, i have a slight cold, and secondly, some of my friends are mad at me and this other friend of mine and i'm trying to fix everything so we could get along again. anyway, enough of my babbling on about my life, heres the story... enjoy!

Competing with Boys 10

Where's Waldo?

Malika's POV

"He was so sweet!" Kirsten gushed. I smiled. I was happy for Kirsten, I was. But I couldn't help the jealous feeling I got. It's not that I like Mason. I mean, he seems like a good guy, but I was all for Kaden. He just seems oblivious to the signs I've been giving him. I'm trying to subtly show him I like him, but even when I'm being completely obvious, he doesn't seem to get the message. Maybe he does, but is ignoring it. That would be bad.

"So where'd you go after?" I asked.

"Oh, we just walked around the neighborhood," she said. I nodded.

"He seems great Kirsten," I said. She frowned.

"You okay?" she asked. I sighed.

"Not really," I admitted.

"What's wrong?" she asked, looking worried.

"Well, everyone has someone," I pouted.

"Oh, isn't Kaden getting closer with you?" she asked.

"Yeah, but it seems like he treats me like a friend. I want more than that," I said. She laughed.

"Kaden is not like that, you know? But he'll change," she assured me. I sighed. I really hope she was right. I've spent too much time caught up with liking Kaden. If he didn't like me back, I would just have to move, even if it'd be hard.

"I'm bored," I said.

"Want to compete with the boys?" Kirsten asked. I smiled and nodded. It's been awfully quiet on the boys side. I guess it's time to take matters into our own hands.

We went downstairs and called everyone. They all gathered in the family room and Kirsten stood out.

"Alright, we're playing a form of hide and seek," she announced.

"Sure," Kaden said. His gaze flickered over to me before returning to his sister. I sighed.

"So we get to hide anywhere around town," Kirsten started telling them all the boundaries.

"Ha, so like 'Where's Waldo?'" I asked.

"Hey, I used to love those books!" Kaden said. I smiled.

"Yeah, sort of like that," Kirsten said.

"I'll hide," Kaden said. Kirsten nodded.

"Go, you get 5 minutes," Kirsten said. Kaden nodded and went off.

"So..." Lexie said. She went over to Chandler and kissed him on the lips. See? Everyone has someone.

About 5 minutes later, all the girls' cells rang. We read the text that Kaden sent as a clue.

'I'm enjoyed in the hot weather and not so much in the winter. This place is a good place to go to when you're looking for a treat.'

Where could he be? Where's Waldo?