Competing with Boys (18)

I wasn't going to upload, but i had time and so i wrote up a quick (very bad) part.. so merry christmas (it's not midnight yet) and think of this as my present to you :) enjoy!

oh, and not enough feedback on whether or not i should make a sequel so please tell me if you want one or not

Competing with Boys 18

The Confession

Kaden’s POV

“Alright, we’ve seriously should’ve won that,” Johnny said. He turned to me and glared. “You could’ve mentioned that they knew how to play. We looked like fools.”

“I would’ve if I knew. How am I supposed to know they secretly play it?” I asked.

“Hey, no need for a fight,” Ezra said.

I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration.

After a long silence, it was broken by Chandler.

“I miss Lexie,” he whispered. I looked at him.

“We need the girls,” Ezra said.

“They need us,” Johnny said. I sighed.

“We’ve lost, man,” I said. He shook his head.

“Then we keep on fighting until we beat them,” Johnny said. Abruptly, Mason stood up.

“I’m sick and tired of this!” he said. We were shocked by his sudden outburst.

“Calm down, dude, what are you talking about?” I asked.

“I’m tired of pretending. I’m tired from keeping it to myself,” he said, annoyed.

“Elaborate,” Ezra said. “We don’t know what you’re talking about.

He took a deep breath and spoke, but looked directly at me. “I like your sister, damn it,” he said. “I’m tired of pretending to hate her because of this stupid thing we’re each of us believe that one gender is better than the other. Can’t we just both admit that we need each other?”

I was kind of shocked by what Mason said. I mean, he never seemed too interested in Kirsten before.

“He’s right,” Chandler said. Our heads went to him. “I’m tired of fighting it. Fighting my feelings.”

“I’m done,” Mason said.

“With what?” I asked.

“With this competition. And most of all, this idea that one gender has to be better than the other,” Mason said. He gave us one final look and shook his head. “I can’t do it anymore.”

Never before had I ever expected Mason to say something like he had. Maybe he had a point. Before this, he was one of the quiet friends, but now, he was willing to leave this competition for what he believed in.

“Dude, you can’t just turn your back on us. You’re a guy and you need to start acting like one,” Johnny said.

“Maybe you should.” Everyone snapped his attention to me. I was surprised that I had said that.

“What?” Johnny asked. I sighed.

“Sorry, but I’m going to just hang out with Malika without it having to be part of a plan,” I said. I stood up and went alongside Mason, who smiled weakly at me.

“I’m done too,” Chandler said. “I need to beg to get Lexie back.”

“Ezra? Johnny?” I asked.

Ezra looked to the ground.

“Look, I think you’ve got a point. But I don’t know,” he said.

“Johnny?” Mason asked.

“I guess I’m the only real guy here,” he said. “I’m not quitting this thing without a fight.”

I shook my head. “Good luck then,” I said. And the 3 of us walked off, trying to find the girls that had definitely changed us during the course of this competition. But there was no doubt in my mind that we had changed the girls too.

*So the secret is out! Which means, the story is about to end... I was going to drag the story out a bit more but I didn't want to continue uploading short, crappy parts so i thought, why not just end it... so sorry if you guys wanted a longer story.. there will be maybe a couple more chaps and then epilogue and this story will be finished... oh and another thing, thanks so much for all the comments and votes, it got me to #200 something on the what's hot list... lets see if u guys can help me acheive my goal of being in the top 100 keeping voting and commenting :)*