Jumping

Ashleigh's POV

Christina , Tris and I began chuckling once we landed onto the roof until we heard a deep voice begin to speak . I looked to see it was a rather muscular man with tattoos and a couple of piercings with blonde hair . Pretty attractive but his piercing blue eyes told me he was cruel .

"Listen up I'm Eric . I'm one of the leaders here . Want to enter Dauntless this is the way in and if you don't have the guts to jump then you don't belong in Dauntless"

"Is there water at the bottom ?"
A Erudite transfer asked.

"I guess you'll find out or not"

"Someone's gotta go first Who's it gonna be?"

"Me"
Tris and I said simultaneously.

Eric let out a mocking chuckle alongside some other transfers before saying

"Two stiffs well that's the first"

"Ex stiffs we transferred out of there remember"
I said .

"What's your name ?"
Eric asked.

"I'm sure you will find ou-"

"Your name now"

Eric's tone suggested that he already hated me so I decided it was best to just tell him my name .

"Ash"

"Well Ash just remember that as a leader of Dauntless I can make your life here not worth living so I suggest you keep quiet"

I stay quiet but glare at him before he continues

"Other Stiff jump first"

Tris jumped of the ledge presumably landing in whatever was below us through that hole .

"Remaining Stiff it's your turn"

I stood on the ledge looking down below to see if I could see any signs of what was through that hole but I couldn't .

"Today initiate"

Eric stated before he pushed me off the ledge himself . Asshole.

I landed in a net which I was fine with the whole thing probably would've been fun if Eric didn't push me .

I climbed of the net to see ... Tobias ?

"What's your name ?"
He asked .

What the hell ? How could he forget his sisters name ? I felt sadness swell inside of me ..

"You know my name"

"Be quiet"

He gave me a look as of too say he would speak to me later .

"It's Ash"

I went over to join Tris where she was standing .

********************

Once everyone had jumped Tobias then announced

"Dauntless born go with Lauren and transfers stay with me"

The Dauntless born left to go with Lauren as I stayed with Tobias alongside the other transfers.

"Most of the time I work with intelligence but during your training I will be your instructor. My names Four"

Four ? Why would he change his name to Four.

"Four ? Like the number ? Was one , two and three taken?"
Christina asked mockingly .

I could tell by Tobias's face that Christina had annoyed him .

"What's your name ?"
He asked

"Christina"

"Well Christina the first lesson your going to learn from me if you want to survive here is keep your mouth shut"

Looks like I'm not the only one who's made enemies with a Dauntless member today .

*****************

We followed after Tobias who showed us the place called The Pit before taking us to the dormitories all the transfers would be staying In .

I was happy to finally change into Dauntless clothes and throw the Abnegation clothes in the fire and made sure to smile whilst doing so .

I sat next to Tris and Christina at dinner as we was also across from some transfers called Will and Al . Tobias was sat near us too but he was more hostile especially to Tris considering she was the only one that spoke but he left to go and do whatever .

After Max's speech which I probably should've listened to more than I did i noticed someone had sat next to me . I turned only to see it was Eric he was most likely sat there because there was no where else to sit .