First Fight

Ashleigh's POV

The next morning I woke up to someone banging two loud metal objects together . It was extremely annoying as I didn't like to be woken up that way one bit .

"I want everyone in the pit two minutes"
Tobias said .

Well thank you Tobias for waking us up in such a wonderful way I thought sarcastically.

I hastily got ready before making my way to the pit .

I alongside the other transfers made my way towards Tobias and Eric before Tobias said

"There a two stages of training . The first is physical it will push your body to the breaking point . The second is mental again breaking point , you will face your worst fears and conquer them unless they get you first . You will train separately from the Dauntless born but you will be ranked together . Your ranks will also determine what jobs you get ....leadership , guarding the fence and keeping the factions from killing each other"

"The ranks will also determine who gets cut"
Eric interrupted .

"Cut?"
Christina stared although it sounded like a question .

"The lowest ranking initiates of each stage of training will be leaving us"

"To do what ?"
Al asked timidly .

"Well there's no going home to your families so you would live factionless"

"Why didn't we know that ?"
Will asked .

"It's a new rule"

"A new rule ? Somebody should've told us that"

"Why ? Would you have chosen different if you knew ? Out of fear ? If your really one of us it won't matter to you that you might fail . You chose us now we choose you"

*****************

"Ash and Myra in the ring"
Eric stated .

As both mine and Myra's first fight neither of us knew each other's capabilities. Now honestly she didn't look too strong but neither did I .

I got in the ring but Myra threw a punch straight away . It missed me the punch was far too sloppy .

I punched her back in the cheek causing her to instantly fall to the ground . Damn she really was no good at fighting .

I decided I would be quick about it and gave her another punch in the face knocking her out cold .

That was quick .

I looked at Eric before glaring at him.

"You knew I was going to win . How was that fair ?"

"What do you mean initiate?"

"She's can't fight . Why'd you put her against someone that can"

"I just chose the two weakest initiates and put them against one another"

Now both Eric and I knew that wasn't true because honestly I wasn't a bad fighter . Growing up with Marcus as a father causes you to toughen up a bit .

"We both know that's not true"

"Do we ?

"Yes we do"