Chasm

Ashleigh's POV

I gritted my teeth slightly at the fact Eric had already set out my punishment for me .

"What is it ?"
I asked

"You'll find out soon enough . The punishment starts tomorrow for a week . 7 to 8 pm"

I thought about how In two days I would be finding out where I was ranked on the board and whether I would make it to round 2 or be living factionless .

"And what if I don't pass this stage ? How will I complete your punishments if In two days I will be getting ready to leave Dauntless"

"Your ranked second stiff . You will pass well this round at least"

"But what if I didn't ?"

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Tobias who was still stood there giving me a look as if telling me to shut up .

"I'm sure factionless would be a worse punishment than spending one hour with me every day for a week"

"Would it?"

I muttered hoping Eric didn't hear but I looked up at him slightly and judging by his face he definitely heard .

"Watch your mouth stiff and don't forget your punishment"

I watched as Eric stalked away before Tobias gave me a slight smile before he too went on his way and I went back to the dorm where the other transfers were staying .

*************

I watched from afar as Tobias gave Tris advice on how to win and hit properly which she was dismissing .

Then Tobias positioned Tris correctly . I smirked to myself already knowing that he had taken a liking to her .

My gaze then focused on the fight going on between Christina and Molly . I cringed as Christina got battered before she begged to stop which caught the attention of Eric .

"You need to stop ?"
He asked .

Christina replied with a nod before Eric continued

"Ok . Let me give you a hand"

He held out his hand for Christina to take which she gladly did but Eric was never this nice .

"Thanks"
Christina breathed .

"Ok let's everyone take a break"

Eric began leading us somewhere whilst comforting Christina and wrapping his arm around her shoulders causing me to frown .

I felt jealous? Why would I be jealous ? I don't know why because Eric is a asshole to me and in general but I was definitely sure I didn't like the way he was been all nice with Christina .

My eyes widened as I noticed we was heading towards the chasm . On second thoughts I don't think Eric was been as nice as I originally thought .

My theory was confirmed when Eric shoved Christina over the edge causing me to gasp alongside some others .

Eric grabbed her wrist before placing it on the edge .

"Grab the rail or don't . You got three options . Hang there and I will forget your cowardice , fall and die or give up and if you give up your out"
Eric explained

Christina hung there letting out a few groans every now and then . I grew annoyed at the fact that Eric is risking the life of one of the few friends I have met since I arrived here .

"Come on Chris"
Tris said .

"You can do it"
I added .

This caused Eric to give both Tris and I venomous glares which I would've chuckled at if Christina wasn't hanging over the chasm .

"It's time"
Eric said resulting in Tris and I rushing to help Christina back up .

Christina hugged Tris and I as if she was holding onto her life .

"Dauntless never give up"

I glared at Eric as he spoke .