The Ledge

Ashleigh's POV

I stared at the hamburger in curiousity as did Tris .

"Have neither of you ever seen a hamburger before?"
Christina asked

"I've seen one just never eaten one"
Tris answer for the both of us .

"Abnegation eat plain foods . Plant based with no sauces and minimum seasoning"
Will added.

"What text book did you swallow?"
Christina retorted .

"Nice to meet you too I'm Will , Erudite"

"Of course . Honestly I'm surprised Abnegation even eat at all to selfish right"

"You've got to be pretty self confident to be friends with a Candor"

"What is that supposed to mean ?"

"You have no filter . You say the first thing that comes into your head"

"What you mean like your a idiot"
The boy called Al added in .

"Nice one Al . At least we tell the truth"

"Erudite tell the truth because we have the facts"

I listened as the three of them bantered until they were interrupted.

"Nobody cares but if your so interested in your old factions then is it true the Abnegation beat up there kids"
Eric asked mockingly .

I picked up the knife I was cutting my hamburger with before stabbing it into the table and muttered loud enough for Eric , Will , Christina, Al and Tris to hear .

"Fuck off"

I attempted to walk past Eric and leave before he grabbed my arm and said

"What did you just say?"

"I said fuck off because you had no right to say that now let me go"

I said with tears in my eyes from the dreadful memories of what happened in Abnegation . I ragged my arm out of his before walking out of the food hall .

*****************

I sat up near the chasm hoping nobody would come up here as I didn't want any intimate or member see my cry and deem me weak .

"What are you planning on doing up here?"

I turned around to see Eric and glared at him but didn't speak .

"I need you to leave this area Stiff"

"Whys that?"
I muttered

"I can't have you jumping of the ledge"

"I'm not going to jump"

"I'm sorry about what I said I didn't think it was true"

"Not all Abnegation do it to there children as far as I know it's just my father"

"So far I've only heard that Marcus Eaton and whoever your father has mistreated there children .Well you don't have to see him again unless he comes on visiting day"

"Marcus Eaton is my father"

"Yeah I'm beginning to see the similarities between you and Your brother now . This means your probably going to be a pain in my ass"

"Most likely but why was my brother a pain in your ass . My guess is he bet you In training"

I thought Back to when Will was saying Tobias got ranked first and rejected leadership twice .

"Keep your mouth shut and come away from that edge"

"Why do you care so much ?"

"I just don't want to be the one having to pull your dead body out of the chasm tomorrow morning"

"Alright alright I'm coming"

I swung my leg over Back onto the side which caused the edge to giveaway beneath me resulting in me falling of the edge .

Luckily my arm was grabbed by Eric who hoisted me up .

"In future you will listen to me initiate"