The nikah

***********************************
And one of His signs is that He has created for you, spouses from amongst yourselves so that you might take comfort in them and He has placed between you, love and mercy. In this there is surely evidence (of the truth) for the people who carefully think." (Surah 30, Verse 21)
************************************

Zahra had taken leave from office for a few days prior wedding. It would be a simple ceremony with nikah in the mosque followed by a walimah including close relatives and friends.

Zahra was dressed in a green coloured lehenga emblished with rhinestones and diamonds with a matching green and golden coloured hijab. She had a diamond neck piece adorned in her neck with earnings and a bracelet.

"You look pretty ."-Samra whispered.

"Masha Allah ."- Amnah said.

"Thank you." - whispered Zahra.

Zahra looked at her reflection in the mirror. The last time when she was dressed like this was the most deadliest day in her life. She was ripped apart from her soul and her self respect was broken into million pieces.

She was brought back to reality by Javed's voice.
---------------------------------------------------------
"Assalamu alaikum, Zahra!"

" Valaikum salam ,Javed Bhai! You here?"

"Why? Am I not invited for your wedding? You forgot me but I didn't. When I heard about your wedding I flew from New york yesterday."

Zahra hugged Javed and tears started falling from their eyes. Javed was Zahra's brother, who was 3 years elder to her. After the demise of their father , Javed had moved to New York to pursue further education and settled there taking care of family business.